• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Closed

Status
Not open for further replies.

ricey09

Smash Cadet
T-Birds are holding our second smashfest on 2/3/07. For those that went last time you know when and where to go. For those that didn't:

Also note that the date may possibly get moved back a week, and if it does we'll inform everyone.

Time : Just call before you come, earliest yall can come is about 11-noon

Bring 5 Bucks at the door, Mike's parents are charging for the use of their house for such long hours this time. This will cover food and drinks around the house as well.

We have 3 Tv's and Smash on each.

Bring Tvs, Cubes/Wiis, Smash, Memory Card

Bring your own controllers

Bring money for extra food if you want

Bring friends

Label your **** so it doesnt get stolen

For information or RSVP:

Name/AIM/Cell
Alan/RiceyZ 00/(832) 217-6632
Mike/Leeeebs/(832) 215-8648
Jared/ Pooty84/ (281) 455-3915

Love,
Ricey

RaMbLeR

Smash Apprentice
I promise that my smashfest will be muchmore enjoyable than the last one. More TVs, more people and more food.

The two biggest criticisms I got were more TVs and fans in my room, and I will work on each.

Crew battles, a Tourney, a MM/ Low Tier TV are all possibilities. Please give me some opinions. I will try to make my house compatable with anything that you want. Please let me know.

Also, STD will be a big possibility, I'll let you know.

ricey09

Smash Cadet
Theres a good chance that this may be a tournament, so tell us if you want it to be one.

RaMbLeR

Smash Apprentice

This time, I also guarantee my Dazzle 150 will be there. We can record every match on one of my TVs in my room. The I can edit the better moments and put it up on Youtube.

Sethlon

Smash Champion
BRoomer
If you're gonna have a charge at the door, might as well make a tourney too.
If so, i'll likely come with a friend or two.

RaMbLeR

Smash Apprentice
I swear houston get everything, i need to move or stay down there for the summer or something

funny sig. Rampler
Haha. yeah. I like the sig. It would be awesome if you would be able to make it. I like to be out of houston during the summer tho. Haha.

If you're gonna have a charge at the door, might as well make a tourney too.
If so, i'll likely come with a friend or two.
awesome. yeah. if we get more posts that say a tournwy is a good idea, it will happen. the more people the better.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
The only problem is paying $5 for entering, especially if you plan on going to get food elsewhere. You might as well make a mini-tourney of some sort so people will get their money's worth.

I'll see if I can come, but it really depends on my work schedule...

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Yeah, but I'm sure some people will opt to go eat at McDonald's or Little Caesar's or whatever. I mean, it's nice you'll have food and all, but you know, some people will end up doing whatever...

J-Red

Smash Cadet
Fa Sho. I'd rather go eat at ci ci's or panda or something. So I'm not gonna pay for food Im not gonna eat.

And it was me who thought of the T-birds. I loved the movie Grease when I was little and I always wanted some sort of crew to name the T-birds and here we are. Booyakashaaa.

RaMbLeR

Smash Apprentice
haha. okay, that makes sense.

The 5 dollars really is necessary tho. It can be used for food, but its an entrance fee. I'm not sure if my mom will let you in otherwise; she might. Oh and TGM, post with your opinion on having a tourney..

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Er, the fact that we're paying just to get in for a smashfest is odd to me. If it was for a tournament, then it would be no problem but just for entry to a smashfest? No offense to you or your mom, but I hope you aren't thinking about making money off of this thing because few people do it for money. :ohwell:

If you really do want to charge people, then you should strongly consider having a mini-tourney. Say, take half total money and divide it so that can go towards the prize money (split using the 70-20-10 ratio) and the other half can go towards food/upkeep. For example, 20 or so people show up so that's about $100. $50 would go towards the prize for the tourney ( payouts would be 35-10-5) and $50 could go towards food/whatever. Besides, a mini-tourney would attract more people. :)

Jake13

Smash Lord
I agree fully with Rocket <3 <3

And Mouf says that he will try and attend and says he will try even harder if there is a tourney.

I WANT A TOURNEYYYYY

ricey09

Smash Cadet
Well thats a lot of votes for a tourney. I say Aye! We'll throw a tourny!

Should I start a new thread?

G@BE

Smash Lord
Another tourny would be good.
Allan if you do go we must team.
If jake wants to team with me he can as well. (Jake hates me)

Jake13

Smash Lord
<3 GABE

:'( I wanna team with you. You abondoned me first! Let ronnie and allan team, they're teaming at HOST anyway. You and I can team here ^,^

Lab Rat™

Smash Journeyman
haha nice Allan finally decided to play teams? i thought he hated it...

i wanna go to this thing!! its pretty close to me so i think i can make it...yayoohz

RaMbLeR

Smash Apprentice
I agree with Rocket, A tourney it will be. I've always wanted a fest/tourney.

Post with ideas and suggestions, even though ihave a good idea about how it's going to work.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
You probably already know the rules, and there will most likely be people there who have had experience running proper tournaments. The only thing you would have to worry about is raising the amount of entry fee or not (for better prize payout) and what time you would want to start.

And start asking/planning for people to bring TVs/Cubes/Wiis/Smash. A tournament can't run on just one TV. <_<

RaMbLeR

Smash Apprentice
i know man, I've ran tourneys before. Thanks for your advise, I'll IM you and talk to you about it next time youre on.

TGM

Smash Lord
i do hate teams...... i always end up getting a beautiful tip onto one of me pals.......

and yes this needs to be a tourney......

10$ should be the fee.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
People need to bring TVs then...around 5 or so TVs should be enough assuming most of the people from last time show up again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom