• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Clever Introduction Thread Title Pending

Mage4hire

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mage4hire
3DS FC
3351-5339-2464
Oh boy introductions, the bane of the socially awkward, but with keyboard before me I shall strive to create a lasting impression with skill and elegance!

... or I could just answer the suggested questions and not make a fool of myself.
  • Who do you main in your Smash game(s) of choice? Why?
Alas I missed out on the experience of the original game for the 64, but I can tell you from then onward! Melee I play either young link, because he was the first character I ever really played a lot, but I was never really very good with him, as I was but a young child at the time. I now play with Roy mostly because I think he's an awesome character, even if I'm not very good with him either. Moving onto Brawl was when I really started trying to play well, usually rolling Toon Link as my main character due to Young Link's replacement and a love of Wind Waker. I also picked up Falco at that time, because well, he had the little kicky shield thing that I thought was really cool at the time. So maybe I don't always pick my characters practically, what of it? I never really got into Project M, but with Smash 4 around now, I quickly switched over to Robin, always having loved the magic users in fire emblem games. (My avatar is actually a custom drawn picture of my main character from fire emblem Awakening). I also play Sheik a lot but I'd hardly consider my play with her high quality yet.
  • Why have you joined Smashboards? How did you hear about the site?
Well I heard about it from a lot of places, but I suppose what encouraged me to actually check it out was when I went to PAX Prime 2014 and I got to hear about the competitive smash scene during a speech thing. I forget the technical terms those scheduled events went by. I already knew quite a bit about the scene, but I finally decided at that time that I wanted to be a part of it.
  • Do you attend tournaments? Do you want to?
Actually I've hosted a couple tournaments, obviously local ones, and not very big ones at that. Well, one had 72 people, but I mean not very big as in not really a big deal or anything, with no affiliation to anything related to the smash scene beyond being a tournament for Brawl. I want to actually get involved as I player of smash bros in more public tournaments.
  • Talk about your interests outside of Smash Bros.! Anime, sports, other games, etc.
Well I suppose I play a lot of Games, from quite a wealth of genera's, but I don't think it's too necessary for me to go into to much details on that during this post. Outside of the gaming world I rather enjoy writing and Scuba diving, those being my two notable activities I think. Again I'm not quite sure how much detail to go into so I'll leave it there unless anyone expresses interest.
  • What other communities are you a part of? Clubs at school, other forums?
Well I run a Super Smash bros club at my school, but it really isn't very well known due to my schools aversion to video game related to activities, They nearly banned the club from even being created without providing any reason other than "it wouldn't bring anything beneficial to the school environment." With a well worded essay however I was able to convince them otherwise, though they still seem to sabotage any attempts to make it more well known or establish in school tournaments, and I fear with me leaving high school this year the underclassmen may not be devoted enough to continue it, and it shall die with me. A true shame in my eyes.

• What's this? You're not done yet? Everyone must be board to death already from how much you typed.
Yes, it is true! I added more on than just the questions, but only to make it known that I hope to find many friends among this forum. I shall strive to be outgoing, that is true, as well as actively seek out people to get to know and play Smash with, but I do encourage people to reach out to me as well. I consider myself to be rather open and friendly, and I issue the greatest hope that anyone willing to talk to me or get to know me better does not hesitate to send me a message.

And lastly, I thank you all for the time you have given me, and wish you all a wonderful day.

Kurogal

Smash Apprentice
United States of America - State of California
NNID
LaharlOnKonata
Seeing this made me go back to my first post here to see if I typed more or less, and then to be sure I ran them though a character counter to see just how they compared and I got 4141 characters from your post and 5957 from mine. Well anyway now that my curiosity is satiated.
My start and brawl character choice seems almost the same, although I actually played 64, although I didn't really like it that much, and then Melee when it came out, which I liked quite a bit, and chose Pichu in, and played a lot, but I never really got into it until Brawl, and then like you I chose Toon Link because I loved Wind Waker, although eventually I decided Metaknight was more fun to play optimally, although if I knew Ice Climbers chain grabs were a thing I probably would've gone with them instead.

And did you draw your own avatar? And regardless of who drew it it's pretty nice.

And hosting a 72 person tourney without Smashboards sounds pretty impressive, where and when was it?

And I went into a fair amount about my gaming and anime interests in my post, and not even as far as I could have, and I guess I might, but it's up to you to decide if it's worth typing out. I'd actually go and update my old post but I'm afraid that bumping and linking it would count as necro bumping and advertisement.

And that sounds real unfortunate about the club, although it's impressive that you could write something to change their initial minds, what did you say? And the club doesn't cost the school any money does it?

And I wish you a wonderful day too!

Mage4hire

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mage4hire
3DS FC
3351-5339-2464
Thank you kind people. It's nice to meet you all. I suppose I'll just post quick responses to Kurogal cause I'm super tired right now and don't have another long post in me.

Nah I didn't draw this, A friend of mine drew it for me, I only wish I could draw this well.

As for the tournament, While I am the current president of the club I did not start it, and the previous president was a very popular student in the school. Through him a facebook group was formed through the club, and utilizing that and the resulting spread by word of mouth drew in the large and quite unexpected number of people. It was only a couple years ago, but it was very enjoyable, if a little bit unorganized. It drew in so many different people that I had never expected I'll still fondly remember seeing some of the most hardcore nerds and sports athletes from my neighborhood all sitting together to play the same game together, it meant a lot to me.

I probably won't write anymore on my personal interests here though I assure you I have a lot more and in much more detail. If anyone does want to hear about them I'd be willing to talk about it on more specific inquiry, or at least, not in this specific post. Maybe another one.

Basically what happened with the club was that there was a year in which presidency past to a not so caring student, and during that year the smash club did little to nothing. The school was already beginning to get more strict on clubs productivity in general, and the fact that our club hadn't done anything but play games casually every once in a while wasn't helping. I had to write a essay about events I would plan to scheduled, as well as how the opportunity to play Smash could bring people together and relieve the stress of high school life.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
'Lo and welcome to the boards
Check out here for help finding smashers or a scene in your area!
http://smashboards.com/forums/regional-zones.89/
For online matches try here
3DS
and here
WiiU
Also check out the respective character boards for your mains and you'll be sure to find really helpful tips on those characters!
Smash 4
Project M
Melee

Another tactician/Robin user? Noice

Mage4hire

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mage4hire
3DS FC
3351-5339-2464
Why thank you friend, Me and Robin will go far to practice and grow stronger until we can obtain a tactical advantage in any smash bros match. Also I thank you for the helpful directions.

PixelPerfect

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Link1182
Wow, people have Smash clubs at school? I'm jealous.

Anyways, welcome to the site! Hope you enjoy it.

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
Awesome another player to help improve! I've been with the competitive scene for quite some time now and I absolutely love helping people practice and get better! More than willing with open arms to help you out!
My NNID:kamtheman56 and my Skype:kamtheman56
just in case you need to contact me or just feel like hanging out!

Mage4hire

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mage4hire
3DS FC
3351-5339-2464
Thank you very much! I'd love to have friends to practice with. I don't consider myself very good at smash you, hell I don't think I even have the advanced tactics of smash in general down to a reliable level, but practice makes perfect they say. I do believe my 3DS friend code and NNID are listed under my picture and name thing on my posts, and my skype is Mage4hire for anyone who is willing to practice with me.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Thank you very much! I'd love to have friends to practice with. I don't consider myself very good at smash you, hell I don't think I even have the advanced tactics of smash in general down to a reliable level, but practice makes perfect they say. I do believe my 3DS friend code and NNID are listed under my picture and name thing on my posts, and my skype is Mage4hire for anyone who is willing to practice with me.
Practice helps
I used to be crap, now I'm slightly above average crap
My NNID is Wolfie9090, you up for some matches?

Last edited:

Mage4hire

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mage4hire
3DS FC
3351-5339-2464
weird, I don't seem to se the skype request, but that might be my ipad being screwy. I sent you a request on skype as well though just now to so maybe you'll get it.

Mage4hire

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mage4hire
3DS FC
3351-5339-2464
Ah! Sorry Wolfie I didn't see your post yesterday. I would be very much willing to play doubles with you any time though. Do you have a skype possibly? I'm more frequently able to check that than I am able to check smash boards.

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Ah! Sorry Wolfie I didn't see your post yesterday. I would be very much willing to play doubles with you any time though. Do you have a skype possibly? I'm more frequently able to check that than I am able to check smash boards.
Oh yeah, my skype is Wolfie9090

Mage4hire

Smash Rookie
NNID
Mage4hire
3DS FC
3351-5339-2464
Why thank you my pikachu pal. I can't say I've done much here yet but I've made a few friends. I do in fact play Robin. I've always wanted a magic caster from fire emblem in Smash and now that there is one I must play them.

Nimyu

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-6319-0143
Why thank you my pikachu pal. I can't say I've done much here yet but I've made a few friends. I do in fact play Robin. I've always wanted a magic caster from fire emblem in Smash and now that there is one I must play them.
Nice, and while I do main Pikachu again, I mostly Main Sonic specifically because I always loved the games. :p

Top Bottom