• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Classic Controller Wii Adapter are legal in tournaments? (Or CC for Gamecube?)

Unix

Smash Cadet
Some tournaments allow the use of the Wii Classic Controller, while other tournaments ban the Wii Remote, therefore Classic Banned.

I have not seen any rules where adapters are prohibited, If I would like to use an adapter to connect a Dualshock (Keyboard, Xbox Controller, any other, etc) none of these are in the "Allowed" list, but, ¿and the Classic Controller?

A classic control wired to the Wii U is much better, less input lag, and I think they should allow it in tournaments where they do not allow wireless controls.

Surely almost nobody uses the Wii Classic Controller, but it is an alternative. I have one and I would not like to break it down trying perfect pivots with those lag problems haha

This player named Olivier Hay (Luffy) uses an adapter (PS1 Controller to Xbox) in EVO Street Fighter tournaments, It's amazing!

I̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶n̶ ̶G̶a̶m̶e̶c̶u̶b̶e̶ ̶C̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶r̶ ̶:̶ ̶'̶(̶

theMichael

Smash Rookie
Can you find (or share) a direct wire adaptor for classic controller? I had searched for one that worked with classic controller pro and was unable to.

Unix

Smash Cadet
Can you find (or share) a direct wire adaptor for classic controller? I had searched for one that worked with classic controller pro and was unable to.
I do not have an adapter, but if the competitive Scene allows its use I'll buy it.

You can use the Classic Controller with Classic Linker Plus + GC Adapter for WiiU
https://smashboards.com/threads/a-better-gcn-controller-hori-battle-pad-for-wii-u-review.373794/

Or an unofficial Classic Controller for Gamecube + GC Adapter for WiiU

Unix

Smash Cadet
The linker plus seems to have delay and missed inputs - iI' be careful with that
Yes, in fact the adapters are not very recommendable. But I was struck by the subject since I saw Luffy play with control of PS1 on an Xbox.

Anyway, it remains to discover if it is more efficient than Wii Remote (Environment with many wireless devices) or at least, that acceptance of unofficial controls with GC plug. (It remains a classic controller)

MarioManTAW

Smash Ace
I'm not sure you should worry about it. Official rules do allow wireless controllers, and several top players do use them: ScAtt with Wiimote + Nunchuk comes to mind.

theMichael

Smash Rookie
Third party controllers are never as precise or reliable as first party. Also, not sure if you could map all buttons with the third party controller you referenced as the Wii u would recognize it as a GameCube controller.

Top Bottom