• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Christmas Decorations (Crossover One-shot)

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Title: Christmas Decorations

Genre: Crossover (Includes any written under tags)

Rating: K-
Summary: A simple but rather unique christmas/new year story featuring most of my favourite franchises preparing for the fun of the christmas-like festival. During this a grave mishap happens, but could a solution suggested for it save the longly awaited winter festival?

Notes: Music links here are entirely optional, but can enchance the story's atmosphere. Hope you give it a try while reading!

"C'mon now Jenna! It's not fair that you leave me waiting here at the cold..."
"Any minute now Caeda, be patient! These aren't heavy to carry around for nothing, you know? Can't you come to help me out instead?"
"Fine, fine... and it's Shiida, not "say-da", 'kay?"

A town below the snowy mountains was nearing to its awaited evening festival. Through the bitter cold and snowy deep fields, it shed a light enough to guide those weary to the world of warm companionship, truce and reunion.

The Winter Eve... this celebration of winter was cherished for its jolly and wondrous atmosphere, kept on for three decades now. The gathering of many folk from many worlds was truly a sight to behold, watching them working busy and combining their power when readying the festival for the miraculous event. Along with all this they shared tender moments of retelling their past memories and experiences, or watching the beautiful but tranquil scenery of the town, filled with christmas lights and having every doors open for public.

At the centered plaza of the town, Shiida and Jenna had just managed to push the sled containing two crate boxes, full of christmas decorations. For the cold weather both wore the best of winter clothing, the warm overcoats and high boots. Both slumped down as soon as they stopped.
"Quite a work there, isn't it?" Jenna huffed cheerfully.
"Yeah... but it doesn't compare on how beautiful this town has become under our hands... I'm so glad." said Shiida. She glanced the folk running around the place and smiled as she saw her Pegasus being led to a nearby stable.
"You mean everyone in here with that, right? " said Jenna.
"Of course... but I can't deny it, this place looks so wonderful. It really soothes my heart watching it getting decorated like a wedding royalty before a wedding..."
"Heheeh, one wouldn't have put it any better than you, Caeda."
"It's Shiida. How many times do I have to tell you?"
"Just messing around with you!" Jenna claimed, suddenly embracing her friend and giving her a noogie. Shiida of course answered in playful and amused cries while trying to escape from adept's grasp.

Suddenly someone crashed on front of both with a loud bang, flinging out pieces of wood and engine metal: Jenna and Shiida shrieked. Both jerked away quickly: only to see it was just a chimp with red cap popping out from the drift, though covered in ash and snow. The monkey shook himself in a slightly dizzy way before noticing what he had caused.
"Hi... ladies..." he coughed while grinning. Greeted with unapproved leers from the girls, he sheepishly started to collect the little pieces from his rocket barrel around him.
"Hey monkey, could you please be more careful with your those gadgets of yours!? I almost had a heart attack..." Jenna sighed.
"It was just a little malfunction, that's all! It went haywire all of a sudden when I was putting those last light chains around the main manor's roofs..." Diddy defended, "Maybe it's the cold weather messing with engine's heat."
"Then you should restrict yourself from using those barrels... someone might get hurt." Shiida suggested, netting approval nods from her friend getting up.
"Yeah. This ain't a brawl, you know?" Jenna added. Diddy chagrined for a while about it, but suddenly his eyes went wide with anxiousness, as if he just heard someone trampling at his direction.

"There you are. I was getting worried about what would you cause with your rogue barrels."
"Hilbert! I can explain..."

Despite Diddy's plea, the trainer lifted the chimp and started to take him away: one could even hear him prompting Diddy to do chores indoors instead.
As Diddy's disdained whimpering echoed faintly from far away, Shiida and Jenna couldn't help but feel little sorry for him.

Meanwhile Colette went to the left-some house at the rounded plaza center, smiling as she thought about the festival's main event nearing: she had been given a task to put up a bulletin board listing all the events of the Eve.
As she entered in the house, Colette found a dragon trainer Iris sipping hot chocolate while reading a book, and looking rather pouted. She wasn't entirely happy about the cold weather outside.
"Hello Iris! Doing fine?" Colette greeted cheerily. Iris suddenly sidled down away from her sight behind the couch.
"Go away," she grumbled. Colette gasped quickly in concern: she quickly apologized, though unsure had she done something to hurt Iris's feelings.

Now the dragon girl raised up behind the couch. She smiled an awkward smile as she hopped out from it and walked towards the Chosen.
"I should be apologizing here... I didn't even recognize it was you Colette. It's just that I've been pestered around by people d to drag me out to outside." Iris lamented. Suddenly a voice came out from above.
"I guess it didn't leave you in a rather cool mood, right?" remarked a young man' from somewhere at the second floor. This was accompanied by someone's amused chortling, which soon became even louder as both joined in their laughter.
Colette recognized the voice quickly: it was Cless Alvein who had made the punny remark. Meanwhile Iris had looked up too with a sulking and rather annoyed expression.
"Yo Cless, keep trying hard enough! It's a manly thing being witty with words!" she shouted, "and you too Celice! You have like a royally good taste on puns!!
After both silenced out, Iris turned back at Colette again. Meanwhile her Axew popped out from her hair and greeted the blonde with a happy cry.
"So what you had on your mind?" Iris asked briefly. Colette thought about that, but suddenly looked like she hesitated to answer.
"Go ahead, I think it's something I don't want to miss out hearing," Iris added, looking as the Chosen glanced outside to the entrance: few people had gathered around the plaza circle some while ago already.
"Well... the Union Tree's gonna be soon planted. I thought you'd be interested what the hosts had planned for that." she soon recalled, "they said that if one climbs to top of the tree, there's a grand prize waiting him or her in there. "
"Ooh! Is that so?? Awww, I'd be definitely one to get prize before anyone else! But I can't go." Iris soon replied. Colette's eyes widened with slight shock.
"But Iris, everyone's going out there, you'd be all alone if you just stayed here for the celebration! Why can't you go?" she asked.
Now, Iris turned her head briefly away. She seemed to tell something that might even hurt herself.

"The thing is... I'm rather afraid of cold."
After saying it, Iris went back to her couch again. For a while, Colette thought of saying something to comfort her: suddenly Iris responded to her as if she read her mind.

"Don't worry about me! Canas is joining me on reading books while you are out there. I'll be fine!"

Colette sighed deeply and let out a sad groan. She just couldn't help feeling sorry for Iris for not being able to join in: to enjoy the sheer happiness of eating the gourmet meal while sitting on the tree branches, to look far away to other wintery lands outside... smile brightly as everyone would hum and rock in time with the mellow and beautiful songs played at bottom of the tree.
She just missed out so much due her fear of cold yet she wanted to come to the festival, for sake of her friends.
If there was just anything that could be done about it... but it felt unrealistic at best.

For a while the blonde girl stared at the posters at the wall: suddenly reminding her that the bulletin boards waited. She hurriedly sprinted outside.

****​
Outside on the plaza some people were already getting ready to see the tree's magnificent growth. A glowing seed had been already planted to the ground, and out of the hole, hopped some mole Pokemon after finishing the digging. Toad measured quickly the width of the spot. Seeing as it matched the hypothetical width for the tree, he then gave a nod for the Pokemon as a sign of approval.
"Good job Drilbur! I guess it's time to get it growing then: ready when you are, Isaac." said Hugh, turning at the said person next to him.
Nodding, Isaac took out his Venus Djinn and put them in a row.
"Okay then, you guys can do this? You better make sure you don't make it explode into pieces like last time..." he insisted, "we don't wish to get covered by wood splinters again...".
"Got it Isaac! Let's gather brothers!" said Flint, the first of the Venus Djinn.

Within that moment, the four Venus Djinn started to swoop in the air around the spot where the seed was plant at. As they formed a cyclone of brown light, the ground started to shake uncontrollably under persons' feet: quickly Hugh ordered others to step back.

Soon enough, the giant plant had grown up from the spot, extending its branches higher and farther, All the three below watched it with mesmerized gaze as the main trunk kept enlarging in a rapid pace.

The folk around the town felt the subtle rumble within the environment the light furniture vibrated inside the rooms, and the ones working at the kitchen had to watch out for falling dishes. But this time, people weren't left with terror or anxiousness: they became channeled with uplifting feelings of excitement. The main event wasn't too far off from starting.

(End of Part 1)

Top Bottom