• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Childhood Games!

Strong-Arm

Smash Ace
NNID
stormfury
3DS FC
2836-0207-2430
So what games did you guys play as a kid? Like the games you played a ton of and shaped you as a gamer? I'm talking about when you were a little kid. For me it was...
HULK (2003 game)
Spider-Man (2002 game)
Super Smash Bros Melee
Super Smash Bros
Batman Vengeance
Scooby Doo Night of 100 Frights

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
Bunch of SNES games, honestly.

Chrono Trigger, Earthbound, a lot of the non-Final Fantasy JRPGs because - for whatever reason - they didn't interest me back then.

Oh! Secret of Evermore and Illusion of Gaia were two more really great ones.

finalark

SNORLAX
All of the Sonic games from Sonic 1 up to Sonic Heroes. By the time Sonic '06 came out I was in middle school and was starting a bit of a "everything I liked as a kid is stupid because I'm so mature" phase. Although the real reason why I didn't play Sonic '06 was because my parents refused to buy me an Xbox 360.

Also, a number of PS1 and GBA RPGs. On the PS1 end there were the ports of FF IV-VI and Chrono Trigger plus FFVII-IX not to mention other games like Threads of Fate or Star Ocean the Second Story. On GBA there was ports of FFI and II, Sword of Mana, Final Fantasy Tactics, the Fire Emblem games, Breath of Fire or, of course, the Pokemon series. Although I also played a decent amount of platformers on these consoles too like the original Spyro and Crash trilogies on PS1 and various S/NES ports on GBA like Mario 3, Mario World, DKC and Yoshi's Island.

GCN was also a pretty big part of my childhood. Both Metroid Primes, most of the Zelda games like Wind Waker, Twilight Princess and ports of Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask. There was Tales of Symphonia, Kirby Air Ride, FF Crystal Chronicles, F-Zero GX and Smash Bros Melee.

Looking back, I played a lot of games as a kid. I don't even think that's half of the games I'd consider nostalgic.

Top Bottom