• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chess tier list?

Likeness101

Smash Apprentice
Fredericton, New Brunswick & Freeport, The Bah
So guys, I was thinking one day on a plane about how chess is basically smash. Here is a tier list for both

1. King = Ness
2. Queen = Pikachu
3. The Horse = Kirby
4. The Castle = Falcon
5. The Other Castle (diagonal castle) = Fox
6. Pawn #1 = Link

Okay so were moving on now. Now we gotta talk spawn points for pawns. If you're white you got first port priority so that basically makes you Jigglypuff. If you spawn blackside though, then you're dk and we know how that does.

I know we forgot some characters but they aren't relevant to chess...

or 64.

Alright guys, do you think?

P.S. Chess Board = DL (download)

Herbert Von Karajan

Smash Lord
I actually did something like this with boom when i taught him chess on the airplane

Queen = :pikachu64:
Rook = :kirby64:
Knight = :falcon64: or :yoshi64:
Bishop = :fox64:

Pawn = :ness64:
King = :link64:

Last edited:

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
You can't assign a value to king because it's worth more than any possible amount of material on the board, hence the king has infinite value. Assigning a weak character to the king makes no sense, or any character for that matter.

T Brett

Smash Journeyman
You can't assign a value to king because it's worth more than any possible amount of material on the board, hence the king has infinite value. Assigning a weak character to the king makes no sense, or any character for that matter.

The king can move to and attack more squares than a pawn can. Come on bro, context

Glair

Smash Rookie
Kings are often assigned a value between 2-4 pawns. They are particularly valuable in endgames.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Correction: Kings are assigned either one of two values In terms of attacking, they are worth 2-3 pawns at most. In terms of the game, they are infinite.

Also, if anyone wishes to play me.

www.chess.com/members/view/CabassoG
I play at an A/Expert rating offline
Also, Karajan is basically right

Last edited:

Glair

Smash Rookie
Correction: the Kings attacking and defensive value changes according to the number, value, and position of pieces on the board. Attempting to pinpoint the value is silly. In a king and pawn endgame the value may be +infinity. Relative values are a guideline for beginners.

Also, anyone who plays chess knows the kings' ultimate value.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I was noting in terms of attacking potential in terms of taking. you are right that it is based on the value/position of other pieces.

It just can take in 6 more spots than a pawn can technically.

Last edited:

Shears

Smash Master
I think Steves interpretation was based on movement/meta. Pika is like queen because pika has such range of motion in approach. Kirby is like rook, has very up and down movement. Yoshi like knight because it has an obscure movement with djc. etc. etc. Link is king because he doesn't really move much, his recovery sucks.

Top Bottom