• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check these matches out...Please

dandan

Smash Lord
mooseeatsbear is probably the oddest nick i have ever heard i think :p

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
It was sort of hard to watch. Or rather i was just sort of boring/slow in my eyes. But hey, practice makes perfect.

You missed a number of Z-cancels.

MiketheMike

Smash Journeyman
as one link player to another, quit with the sword spinning especially when the opponent has very low %. More boomerangs and bombs, THEN use the sword. Less hookshoots, need to learn to z cancel. Finally you're obviously not that skilled with link so I'd refrain from going off the stage for a kill. Im sure im missing alot more.

Battlecow

Play to Win
Focusing on the bright side- the video quality was fairly good.

Seriously though, do you just want the vids watched? Do you want a candid opinion of your skill? Do you want advice on how to get better? If the first was your goal, consider it accomplished. If the second was your goal, go talk to Holyquebec. If the third was your goal, keep playing for a while, watch vids of Isai and other good players, and consider going online.

linkoninja

Smash Journeyman
Focusing on the bright side- the video quality was fairly good.

Seriously though, do you just want the vids watched? Do you want a candid opinion of your skill? Do you want advice on how to get better? If the first was your goal, consider it accomplished. If the second was your goal, go talk to Holyquebec. If the third was your goal, keep playing for a while, watch vids of Isai and other good players, and consider going online.
Don't forget he should also read about how to get better,
watching Isai vids won't do him any good if he doesn't know whats happening.

To thread starter
go to smash wiki and just search up
Z-Cancel
DI
Short Hop
Tech
Dashdance
*you probably know some of these, just outlining the basic stuff u need for tech skill

Also you gotta be quicker, since ur Link immediately your at a disadvantage to most characters, so you don't want to go toe-to-toe in close range combat. Link's normally just throw bombs and boomerangs to wait for openings. That's not all, but u know
basically just create some distance, and don't repeat the same things, be unpredictable, if your opponent knows u always spin attack when they're pressuring u then yeah they'll just shield and ur gonna get punished

Top Bottom