• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Check for Intangibility in Vanilla?

floppy1000

Smash Rookie
I've been practicing Marth's intangible ledgestall via haxdashing. I know it is very tight on frames (1-2 frame leniency iirc) so I'm not certain if I'm fully intangible or not.

I don't have the 20XX hack pack, so I've been using vanilla level 9 fox that just spams jab/dsmash/grab at me as I haxdash. For the most part, I've not getting hit, which leads me to believe I'm mostly intangible, but obviously that isn't conclusive.

I've tried fiddling with the red shell item, and having a redshell trying to hit me as I'm haxdashing, but I'm not certain about the frame data of the red shell (because who actually looks at item frame data???) so I'm not sure if this is a surefire way of testing intangibility either.

Is there a good way to check for intangibility in NTSC 1.2 melee? Or is my only way to get surety to use 20XX?

KirinKQP

Smash Journeyman
20XX is the best option, as it lets you see hitboxes and intangibility. I don't know of any ways to check for perfect intangibility with haxdashing or ledge re-grabs in unmodded Melee. There is usually one or two frames that you're vulnerable as Marth when I messed around with him on 20XX, if you're not near frame perfect. Without it, you may never know until someone gimps you.

Last edited:
Top Bottom