• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cheating AI

OldHickory

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3007-9257-4809
And by cheating, I mean outside of the 1 frame reaction time.
Computers wouldn't be able to function without that.

I've noticed AI opponents taking a tone of extra jumps to avoid things.
The most blatant of which being a Ganondorf taking five in very quick succession.

Has anyone else seen this, or seen other examples of computers breaking the rules in Smash 4

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Even the easiest CPUs tend to have the habit of performing air dodges against certain moves. They'll often do it to avoid Wild Gunman (even the Quick Draw Aces custom) and most Final Smashes.

Strangely, they don't try to avoid Giga Bowser, Wario-Man, Giga Mac, and Mega Lucario. Likewise, they don't try to avoid Psystrike, despite always trying to dodge Beast Ganon, Octopus, Black Hole Laser, and Mega Charizard X.

friendlyone20

Smash Rookie
I noticed a long time ago how unfair this game is and how it cheats. It's impossible to win against a CPU that predicts every move you make by perfect shielding and dodging.

origamiscienceguy

Smash Apprentice
Anything the AI does is something that the player could theoretically do. They obey the same rules as far as mechanics go.

Please post a video of Ganondorf doing 5 mid-air jumps in a row.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I noticed a long time ago how unfair this game is and how it cheats. It's impossible to win against a CPU that predicts every move you make by perfect shielding and dodging.
If only there were more unblockable attacks out there, as that would surely get past the perfect shield issue, but not so much the dodging issue.

friendlyone20

Smash Rookie
Anything the AI does is something that the player could theoretically do. They obey the same rules as far as mechanics go.

Please post a video of Ganondorf doing 5 mid-air jumps in a row.
Why should he have to post a video?
This game blatantly cheats and no video is going to change that. I couldn't save the replay since it was a Smash Run final battle. I was playing as Kirby and I had the Run challenge. My speed was 728 and my opponents speeds were around 400 and 500 and none of them were Sonic or Little Mac and I still lost. I'm not a pro at this game but i'm not a novice either. And I'm not going to post a video to prove I had this experience with the game. I know what I experienced and this game openly cheats. And don't even get me started on Classic 9.0 when my hits keep going THROUGH my opponents instead of hitting them.

If only there were more unblockable attacks out there, as that would surely get past the perfect shield issue, but not so much the dodging issue.
True, my main, Lucina has a move called Shield Breaker or something that can break shields though.

Last edited by a moderator:

origamiscienceguy

Smash Apprentice
Why should he have to post a video?
This game blatantly cheats and no video is going to change that. I couldn't save the replay since it was a Smash Run final battle. I was playing as Kirby and I had the Run challenge. My speed was 728 and my opponents speeds were around 400 and 500 and none of them were Sonic or Little Mac and I still lost. I'm not a pro at this game but i'm not a novice either. And I'm not going to post a video to prove I had this experience with the game. I know what I experienced and this game openly cheats. And don't even get me started on Classic 9.0 when my hits keep going THROUGH my opponents instead of hitting them.
Smash run suports custom characters, which is most likely the source of your "5 jump ganondorf"

And your moves going "through your opponents" is just them spotdodging.

OldHickory

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
3007-9257-4809
Smash run suports custom characters, which is most likely the source of your "5 jump ganondorf"

And your moves going "through your opponents" is just them spotdodging.
Nah, customs off.
Using customs for offline practice is, well, bad practice.

Next CPU match I notice a lot of this happening, I'll save a record of.
Granted, this'll likely be on the 3DS version, since that's what I have most easily on hand.

EDIT: Okay, I got one with Bowser taking a second midair jump, as opposed to the usual one.

However, this is on the 3DS, so some finagling may be necessary.
Give me an FC and I'll send it.

Had to monkey with the clock today, so it won't let me just post it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom