• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard v3.5: Will our recovery change and other ponderings?

TheTTimeLives

Smash Cadet
Hey guys,

With today's blog post on the Project M website focusing around Version 3.5's overall reduction of recovery capacities, what changes do you think will hit Nintendo's number one cash dragon? His recovery has been nerfed continually throughout the game's development, so what will change now? Will glide get shortened? Will glide attack get nerfed?

Tell me your opinions...

Personally, I think they should nerf glide length to a deliberate amount of time while giving it faster momentum on activation (since you have to dive it a bit to get momentum anyways, so a straight nerf would make it useless.) Also, glide attack should get projectile invincibility but be tradable against moves. It's sort of brain dead as a way back to the stage and you can't beat it out as any character with a well timed aerial or smash, yet glide is horrendously bad against easy horiztonal zoning (Peanuts, Eggs, Radishes) so it would give the move some capacity to at least get a recovery mix-up against free gimping.

monkokaio

Smash Cadet
NNID
monkokaio
3DS FC
4468-1090-0122
I don't think Charizard's recovery should be nerfed at all, he has 2 weak jumps, his up B is nothing special, and his glide isn't even that great. I think he's fine where he is, I feel like it's probably other characters that will suffer a recovery nerf.

Blank Mauser

Smash Champion
Out of all the flying character I think Zard's recovery is the most balanced already. Slight nerfs to glide attack if anything but hes definitely already edgegaurdable as is.

Mikarugi

Smash Rookie
The Main reason why Charizard's recovery is mostly fine is because of his size, he's a big flying target, and he loses all his jumps when he glides. Only reason I get back is because people are bad at edgeguarding. The second I fight someone who edgeguards well I have to think when I recover, which is what the PMBR wants from the update. So what I see is maybe some very slight nerfs, but overall his should be about the same.

Top Bottom