• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard Jab Lock?

jmjb

Smash Apprentice
NNID
anhJer
I've been attempting to find a jab lock following up using charizard, jab is too strong. I saw on a few threads NAir and DAir sweetspot were listed as jab resetting moves, but they don't seem to when I test it.
Does charizard have a jab reset?

AusGremlinBoy

Smash Apprentice
NNID
AussieGremlinBoy
3DS FC
1934-1768-8886
Yes, sweetspot DAir and NAir do sweetspot, you may be at too high a percentage or your timing may be wrong.

charizardbro

Smash Apprentice
Jab 1 works but its really inconsistent. Sour Nair works pretty well but its hard to actually use in a game because it's so slow. Sweet spot Dair works at low percents but you pretty much have to footstool them to get in position to use it.

To answer your question though

I'm going to go with no.

Virum

Smash Ace
NNID
SiLeNtDo0m
3DS FC
3368-3441-2801
Jab 1 works but its really inconsistent. Sour Nair works pretty well but its hard to actually use in a game because it's so slow. Sweet spot Dair works at low percents but you pretty much have to footstool them to get in position to use it.

To answer your question though

I'm going to go with no.
With jab it's not that it's inconsistent, it's that you have to hit on Zard's arm/shoulder as opposed to his claw. Unfortunately though, his claw hitbox is the highest priority one so you have to be basically inside your opponent in order to get one of the jab lock hitboxes on the arm/shoulder.

Top Bottom