• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charizard doesn't get his glide back in certain conditions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
I almost forgot to mention this one.

Anyway, regarding Charizard's glide. After he performs one in the air, if he lands with SideB afterwards(maybe Flamethrower too), the next time he goes airborne he'll have all of his jumps back, but he will be unable to perform his DownB glide.

I think this is a glitch similar to being able to override RCO lag with special moves in Brawl, and that RCO would be saved for the next time you landed normally. The act of landing normally is probably what gives Charizard his glide back in PM, but using a special move to land doesn't allow that to happen, I guess...?

Is this a known issue? Hopefully it can get fixed?

Last edited:

John12346

Smash Master
NNID
JohnNumbers
Alright, cool. I just tested it out, this problem only applies to Charizard landing with SideB after glide, and no other moves.

And just in case, I tested it with Pit, and none of his moves cause this issue.

Zefklop

Smash Rookie
Charizard still doesn't get his glide back (only his jumps) when he lands with flamethrower or heatwave or a missed tech, he has to wait until the end of those animations.

I also made a .pac where those things should be fixed in case you need it.

Edit : Landing while throwing an item have the same problems.
(there are probably lots of edge cases everywhere lol)
Probably also while say, charging a superscope, but that's not as important.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom