• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charging Throws?

Isprayaxe

Smash Apprentice
What do you guys think of being able to charge your throw like a smash.

It would work like this, after you do the initial grab, by holding any direction you charge the throw for however long you want and then let go or wait the for the max time (same as smashes). The charged throw would do some more percent, maybe 8 max, and it would also throw the enemy a bit farther than normal. Also the break out for the enemy would work the same way, ex. if they break out the charge just stops.

peeup

Smash Lord
I think that's actually a really cool idea. Think it would give more depth to grab games and such. I like it.

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
Personally, I'd like to roll my control stick around when performing Mario's Back Throw and pretend I'm playing Super Mario 64 all over again. Maybe only some throws would have it as an option, rather than every single one though.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
Isn't pummel kinda like that already? Add percentage to them and they go further.

peeup

Smash Lord
I think charging throws would be more risk/reward than pummeling. You have to predict how long you can charge it, rather than just hitting pummel until they get out.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Frankly, you're already building up damage by pummeling grabbed opponents. Therefore, I don't really see a reason to charge up throws when pummeling already helps make the throws deliver stronger knockback.

Translucent

Smash Journeyman
In project M, you can hold a smash input to charge Wario's F-throw for more distance thrown.

Junahu

Smash Ace
I'd personally like to charge my grab like a smash (to increase how long the foe remains grabbed, and potentially increase the grab range for tethers)

darth meanie

Smash Journeyman
It's something that might make sense for a couple of throws for diversity, but would be redundant with pummels as a universal mechanic. I could see it being interesting with a few though, for flavor if nothing else.

Top Bottom