• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Charged splat bomb launch angle

ProfessorVincent

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Alexim
3DS FC
2105-8719-2070
Sometimes it sends the opponent away, some times it sends them back at inkling for a follow-up. I've spent a while in training mode and can't for the life of me figure out what makes it send the opponent towards inkling. Has anyone figured this out? I really hope it isn't random.

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
I don’t know for sure, but my best guess is that the bomb is arching over the front of the character and hitting them slightly in the back, launching them towards you.

What Splotim Splotim said. Splat Bombs (regardless of charge) always knock targets away from them, so if a Bomb detonates behind an opponent, it'll send them forward (and toward you if you're in front of them).

anisapling

Smash Rookie
This isn't necessarily true. If you full charge the splat bomb, there are certain locations from in front of them that you can throw it to cause them to launch forward towards you. From what I can tell, the spot seems to change depending on the character and is kind of hard to hit consistently. Not sure what causes it, but maybe some characters have an odd hitbox. Here's a clip of leffen doing it on Chrom. When I try on Marth, the spot seems to be more towards his chest.

Splotim

Smash Apprentice
Ok so I took this into training mode and I think it's a z-axis issue. Basically, the splat bomb is moving through Chrom's front leg and hitting his back leg, so the game thinks he's being hit from the back. I've tried this with other projectiles, but they all hit his front leg.

Seems way to niche to be useful. Maybe you can catch some landing lag with it?

Top Bottom