• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters with High Priority

RogerWazup007

Smash Cadet
Not sure if I'm using the right word, but for example, I was fighting CF with DK, and nearly every time we'd both attack at the same time, CF's attack would hit; because of this, once I get hit into the air, it's hard to avoid multiple follow-up attacks unless I air dodge at just the right time. His side B and up B also have really high priority; plus he has two spike attacks. What's a good strategy for using a non-ranged character against a character with high priority like CF? (I easily beat him as Link but wonder if DK is just a bad match-up or if I'm not reading his attacks well enough.)

Last edited:

Walbytamer11

Smash Apprentice
wait4meta2develop
wait4meta2develop
wait4meta2develop

On paper DK seems bad against Falcon for all the right reasons.

-Combo food (large hitboxes, weight, etc)
-Falcon thrives off of punishes so laggy characters might have issues
-Projectile characters have it easier I'd think because the risk/reward factor isn't really present
-That being said if Falcon takes away your projectiles then you're screwed.

As a rule of thumb for Smash, in order to get out of a situation, simply avoid it before it happens. Sometimes there's not a ton you can do even with DI or Vectoring.

"Don't get hit"

Top Bottom