• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that Need Buffs

Cap'n Jack

Smash Lord
The game is out, and no doubt patches will come (they’ve already started) so which characters are most in need of buffs and what buffs?

As a Mac Main, his side B has been oddly nerfed to the point of being broken in the bad way. Mac needs this move for recovery and mobility, but it being locked from being used multiple times and its overall weaker state has hinder Mac beyond use.

Also his frame data is no longer on a tier of its own.

A lot of these decisions seem like oversight on the development’s part.

MarkedRaptor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0233-0881-8840
Switch FC
SW-4669-5955-8279
I had responded in the other thread about Macs pitfalls, but yes he's far worse in this game and honestly? Only way you could buff him is to give him his combo ground game back. Cuz there's no way his ariels will ever be useful.

Realistically, I'm sure Nintendo is going to nerf "S" tier characters rather then buff. Reason is there's just so many "good" characters and only a few S tier ones. You going to buff half the cast or nerf the 4 over performing ones?

MalanoMan

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0183_3775_0422
They're always doing my girl Samus dirty. Gotta buff her first of all. I also think that some of the lighter characters need some sort of buff against floaty/heavy characters. I'ts probably just me, but I always seem to get KKRool up to like 170 % - 200 % before KOing him. Conversely, a light character can be KOed realistically 80 % - 100 %.

REZERO

Smash Journeyman
They need to buff Kirby and make some his attacks come out faster. Right now pretty close to being the worst character if not the worst.

Top Bottom