• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that make for the most interesting matches

ryanator008

Smash Cadet
Specifically Lucario comes to mind, due to his aura effect. Lucario isn't exactly my best character, but I've had some wicked comebacks with him. Anyone else have a character that they think makes for interesting matches?

GeflGabe

Smash Apprentice
NNID
GeflGabe
3DS FC
4141-7244-4594
Switch FC
SW-7469-5871-5880
Cloud 's Limit break can make you preform some life saving combo breakers. And Shulk's monado arts can completely alter the way he's played. Switching arts frequently will make opponents have to switch their strategy to counter the new advantages Shulk gains.

Last edited:

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
Watching a good Marth or Lucina play (mainly Lucina) always brings happiness to my soul. I also really like to watch good Marios and more unorthodox characters like Pacman and DHD.

Dar4

Smash Apprentice
High variance matchups are to me the most fun to watch. So any character with a comeback mechanic or low percent kill option I'd include - :4metaknight::4wario2::4littlemac::4dk::4gaw::4zss::4jigglypuff: come to mind. I'd include :4cloud:but personally I find him so boring to watch otherwise.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

A good :4dedede:on the level of somebody like Big D or King James is just outright exhilarating to watch, especially when they have knowledge of Gordo traps and knowing how to string them into Dedede's aerials, or go down deep for edgeguarding. I also love watching a good :4mewtwo:that optimizes his defensive options while staying safe as possible, then going in for fast, lethal strings or another type of punish when an opening is found.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Well I'll take this another way and say that I love fighting against a good Ryu. Someone who has really taken the time to learn and optimize the attack variants is a thrill to play against, especially if they have a good understanding of my character as well.

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I love watching a good Jigglypuff because the opponent is usually dumbfounded on handle the balloon. I love fighting a good Roy because matches with him are always fast paced without being 3-5 minutes of nothing but one move, kind of like two other characters with names that start with "S"...

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
:4littlemac:and:4lucario:
These characters can instantly go from winning to losing, or losing to winning in a matter of seconds.

Jaypen7

Smash Cadet
I love watching MarCina matches to see some cool strings. I mostly enjoy playing against Ryu because of the thrill of being KO'd at the most random times if I'm not careful.

MarMarTheGreat

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dylannumar2
3DS FC
2595-2936-3247
A good Marth or a very techincal Ruy/Bayonetta are awesome to watch

Falco too

Goolloom

Smash Apprentice
Ganon dittos. Heh.
But seriousely the mindgames in those matches is real. It's interesting.
(at least to me, if you're more intersted in seeing flashy strings and combos than this isn't for you.)

Poopysandwich

Smash Rookie
if were talking doubles a team of two dedede's are really fun to watch. My friends call themselves ice climbers

TAN-MAN

Smash Cadet
NNID
EvitanArt
I of course love watching any relatively "obscure" character being used very well.

Here are some I enjoy watching the most, however:

:4greninja::4lucario::4bowserjr::4charizard::4megaman::4mewtwo:

Specifically with Greninja and Megaman, it seems like they take a lot of technical knowledge to get those results, and I enjoy seeing all the setups and tricks etc.

Of course Bowser Jr. Being such a quirky character with all of his tools like the fork and the tongue automatically make him fun t watch IMO.

Charizard and Mewtwo just seem so powerful, and the Pokemon nostalgia is undeniable.

ExiaPilotDedede

Smash Apprentice
I think the most interesting matches to play are against are those that don't have strong projectiles. For me trying to get around a projectile wall is the most boring thing ever, a good marth, ike or roy are incredibly fun. I think it comes down to the variety that those characters have, and the fact that they are pretty aggressive up close. Campers and runners (Cloud, Pac-man and Duck Hunt) just make me scream "STAND AND FIGHT".

xenocryst

Smash Rookie
I think the most interesting matches to play are against are those that don't have strong projectiles. For me trying to get around a projectile wall is the most boring thing ever, a good marth, ike or roy are incredibly fun. I think it comes down to the variety that those characters have, and the fact that they are pretty aggressive up close. Campers and runners (Cloud, Pac-man and Duck Hunt) just make me scream "STAND AND FIGHT".
Deal with it! :4pacman:

LunarWingCloud

Smash Lord
NNID
LunarWingStorm
3DS FC
2449-4791-3879
Fox v. Sheik in both Melee and Smash 4 is pretty hype. Pikachu vs. any other quick character that can keep up with it is also fun.

Any 2 troll characters trying to out-troll the other is just the funniest thing ever, like whenever I'm playing as Donkey Kong and my friends are using Kirby it's funny because both of us have one agenda; I will dunk you, or they will grab me and try to suicide off-stage and it's hilarious because we KNOW we're gonna do it, and we can't hardly stop it.

MockRock

Smash Apprentice
Some of my personal favourites to watch in a tournament setting are Wario, Corrin, and Palutena. Wario because the waft makes his matches so volatile, and I also just love watching good Wario players extract hits out of his stubby limbs. Corrin because she's my main and I love seeing what players like Ryo and CosmicCosmos are doing with the character. And Palutena because she's my favourite low tier underdog, who has a cool style but needs serious work to get results. Seeing her in top 8 at the last Tampa Never Sleeps was really awesome!

Last edited:
Top Bottom