• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that have Spikes?

Hellrazor

Wants to Watch the World Burn
NNID
jkjk237
3DS FC
4596-9639-1071
Hard to tell the difference between meteors and spikes for me, but I know Captain Falcon, Lucina, Marth, Shulk, Link, Toon Link, Falco, Robin, Little Mac... they all have dairs that send opponents really fast downward.

Last edited:

SorrowOfAcheron

Smash Journeyman
:4wiifit: - F-air (has to hit with the foot that's sticking out), D-air and Side Special (hit with the head)
:4marth: & :4lucina: - D-air (think you have to be directly below them)
:4robinm: - Up Special (startup of the move)
:4myfriends: - D-air (sweetspot)
:4ness: - D-air (sweetspot)
:4zelda: - D-air (sweetspot)
:4link: - D-air (has to hit early, I think), Custom Bombs
:4tlink: - D-air (same as Link, I assume)
:4samus: - D-air (think the sweetspot is smaller)
:4falcon: - D-air, Up Tilt (while the lower half of the move, I'd assume), Side Special (while you are airborne)
:4yoshi: - F-air (sweetspot, I think)
:4metaknight: - F-air (saw this in a video; think it's the third hit while falling. Someone correct me)
:4ganondorf: - D-air, Side Special, in a way YOLO
:4megaman: - D-air
:4dk: - D-air, F-air (sweetspot), Side Special
:4shulk: - D-air (second hit)
:4palutena: - D-air (this seems to always hit the spike/meteor, but also seems to lack a hitbox on the 'arc' animation)
:4greninja: - D-air ( think this meteors/spikes, as well as popping people up? Someone correct me), U-air (explained below)

And yeah; those are the ones I'm aware of.
I missed some, obviously. Also, I read on the Greninja subforum that any multi-hit move with more than 3 hits will spike if you don't connect the last hit, and you are falling (or fast-falling, can't recall) when you deliver any hit that isn't the last (but has to be more than 3, I assume). Crappy explanation.

There's a video of it somewhere, but I can't find it cause the title is in Japanese. Maybe Sheik can do it too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom