• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters that are similar to pit?

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
Characters that are similar to pit? or counter-act pits weaknesses? (if he even has any, i don't really think so but fox and little mac do give me a hard time every so often.)

MarioFireRed

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MarioFireRed
3DS FC
5026-4457-8398
Pittoo

In all seriousness I actually think Mario is pretty similar since I use the same mentality with both characters. Both are versatile fighters that have projectiles and a means to reflect them.

Mechageo

Smash Ace
Pittoo

In all seriousness I actually think Mario is pretty similar since I use the same mentality with both characters. Both are versatile fighters that have projectiles and a means to reflect them.
I don't know who this Pittoo character you're talking about is but if you want someone similar to Pit then there's this really great fighter named Dark Pit that seems very similar... :troll:

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
Maybe Kirby? He's another light, versatile fighter. Multiple jumps and some aerials with quick but lasting animations. His copy abilities give him a lot of options, and he has an awesome off-stage game.

I think Greninja and Ness can also be loosely comparable...

Strider_123

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0688-5583-7738
yea kirby is good! also anyone else find it hard to grab the smaller characters like kirby and pikachu? what gives?

Lenus Altair

Smash Ace
Pit has a very similar stage game/presence to Marth/Lucina with the additional option of having a projectile to forcing approaches, making his neutral game stronger.

Tsutori

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2320-6305-8112
I feel like Fox is actually fairly similar to Pit. A (more) spammable B projectile, a down B reflector, a side B that carries him straight in the direction of input (though with different properties to be sure), an up B that carries him straight in some direction with the bonus of being able to do damage. Fox also has some very nice aerials and a good dash attack like Pit.

I'll third Mario; I felt fairly comfortable playing Mario and I should probably look into him more.

Claxus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Claxus
3DS FC
0146-8714-8870
I would say so... I played him for a while casually, and it seemed oddly comfortable. So come to think of it that's probably why. They both seem to control and feel a bit similar despite their very different attacks.

Ikieri

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5069-4824-9515
I would even say Link; they both have the same smash attacks, a wide arsenal of weaponry, and they're both known with a bow. (Link is totally ripping off his style...)

Last edited:

Float SSB

Smash Cadet
NNID
Floatwall
3DS FC
0774-4349-7765
Metaknight is a multijump character with disjointed hitboxes whose primary low damage combo is d-throw into aerials, much like Pit.

Be warned though, you will get addicted to how good metaknights dash grab is.

Last edited:

ChaoticRoy

Smash Rookie
NNID
Roythunder
3DS FC
4356-1809-4292
It may sounds weird but Palutena feels like a more risky but hard hitter Pit. Here are some similarities:

- Grabs are life

- Both of them Combo out of Down-throw with Uair and Fair

- Fair have a good range and auto-cancels out of short-hop

- Bair is a kill move near the ledges and also auto-cancels.

- Uair is a multi-hit, disjointed move with high priority.

- Nair is basically a slower version of Pit's (But it doesn't auto-cancel if you fast-fall ;_: )

- F-Smash is your best kill move but is a logistic nightmare to land because how punishable it is.

- Jab, F-tilt and D-tilt are your friends.

And depending of with which specials you like to use you also have

- Reflector that push people away

- A multi-directional projectile

- A Dash that converts into a kill move.

They are pretty similar and most of your muscle memory should apply to Palu's style as well. But as I said she hits hard and can kill earlier than Pit but she is really punishable if you whiff something. (Also beware of her Dash attack, it has way less range than Pit so in there your muscle memory can play your tricks.)

Last edited:
Top Bottom