• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters Similar to RosaLuma?

MadSlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MadSlayz
3DS FC
1349-8227-6136
So my RosaLuma is very solid and as most of us know we have a few bad mu's namely Meta Knight. Ive been trying secondaries like Mario and Pikachu but they dont click the same way Rosa does. Are there any characters that are similar to RosaLuma that I can try?

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Are you asking the characters that fights like her? Or just "tier list wise"? Cuz the only character that is similar to RosaLuma is Olimar. But Olimar is on the low tier, Pikmins are hard to use and don't have that much hitbox. In my opinion, Olimar is way harder to use than Rosalina.

MadSlays

Smash Rookie
NNID
MadSlayz
3DS FC
1349-8227-6136
Are you asking the characters that fights like her? Or just "tier list wise"? Cuz the only character that is similar to RosaLuma is Olimar. But Olimar is on the low tier, Pikmins are hard to use and don't have that much hitbox. In my opinion, Olimar is way harder to use than Rosalina.
Characters that have the playstyle she does. Ill try Olimar, but to use this character in competitive tournaments you need a secondary imo

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Characters that have the playstyle she does. Ill try Olimar, but to use this character in competitive tournaments you need a secondary imo
In competitive play I recommend you to stick to Rosalina. Like I said she's more easier is master than Olimar and you can get better results.

ChikoLad

Purple Boi
I played a lot of Marth during my most recent Smash sessions, alongside my Rosalina, and he's the character that's most similar to Rosalina to me, due to the fact he has a heavy focus on spacing and requires precision and attention to detail to play well. But having a good ability to space really pays off with him, much like with Rosalina. His frame data also feels fairly similar (with long aerial animations, for example), though he does feel a bit stiffer and like you're more susceptible to being punished after a whiffed aerial and what not. That's partly due to the fact he also falls faster. His walk/dash speed is also fairly close to Rosalina's, so that doesn't really require much adjustment either.

My Rosalina isn't 100% defensive though, in fact how I play is just dictated by the pace of the match, and I normally default to an offensive/defensive balance, and I try to mix people up. So that's partly why I feel Marth is most similar for me. If you play a mostly defensive/campy Rosalina, then other characters might feel closer to how you play her, such as Villager.

Last edited:

MarioMeteor

Smash Hero
NNID
BGenius23
3DS FC
0662-2900-1492
I've heard some people compare Mewtwo to Rosalina, as they're both tall, floaty featherweights who excel at keeping people out with long range hitboxes. Mewtwo is also solo-viable as well.

Top Bottom