• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Characters not released until wii u version comes out?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
To add hype to the wii u version of smash 4 do you guys think there is any chance this happens: Nintendo will not add every character into the 3ds version when it initially comes out, but when the wii u version comes out they will add the remaining characters in an update. and as for the wii u version it will contain all of them right when it comes out. Could you guys see this happening?

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
The only problem I see happening is the roster screen for the 3ds. I think DLC will happen for it on the Wii u release but its easier to change the roster menu on the Wii u because of the size of the screen

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
The only problem I see happening is the roster screen for the 3ds. I think DLC will happen for it on the Wii u release but its easier to change the roster menu on the Wii u because of the size of the screen
I see what you mean but there are still 5 or 6 open spots, they could add them in there without changing the screen

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
I see what you mean but there are still 5 or 6 open spots, they could add them in there without changing the screen
That's only if we dont have 5 characters left because what we have now isnt the final roster

ikemachine

Smash Apprentice
So this roster is not final since all-star mode wasnt unlocked in the leak?
Well some people will argue with you saying it is the final roster but the leaker said it wasnt and yes its because all star mode Is still locked

Reader

Smash Apprentice
Timed free DLC-characters could appear. Bamco is working with the game and they used similar strategy with tekken. And since Mario kart gets DLC why not smash?

Free or not, I'm quite sure that smash will get DLC. And I don't really see how the roster screen limits the amount of playable characters. They can always adjust it.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
And I don't really see how the roster screen limits the amount of playable characters. They can always adjust it.
Or add in the ability to scroll to multiple pages.

Dark Dude

Smash Journeyman
NNID
DudeSean
The Wii U version would actually be more limited on space for the roster because four people will have to be able to access the whole roster at once. There will only be one person on each 3DS so just like @ Skyblade12 Skyblade12 mentioned, they could just make the 3DS version css scrollable.

Personally I'm quite disappointed that the Wii U roster is limited by what the 3DS could handle, otherwise the Wii U version could have really gone all out. Uhm... I guess the 3DS version could get some DLC character when the Wii U version releases. I mean, it's Nintendo so you never know what they'll do. But, as long as the Wii U and 3DS rosters are the same, they still can't add any characters that won't work on 3DS for whatever reason.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I really wouldn't be surprised if they had some dlc characters that arrive alongside the Wii U version.

Makes a lot of sense to keep the hype high after the release of the 3ds version.

Joeyd123

Smash Ace
I really wouldn't be surprised if they had some dlc characters that arrive alongside the Wii U version.

Makes a lot of sense to keep the hype high after the release of the 3ds version.
Yeah i feel like if they dont release new characters when the wii u comes out it wont be as exciting especially cause we would know the full roster about 2 months in advance.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
You only need one slot for DLC, for anyone who plays the WWE games you will know what I'm talking about. There is just one box labeled "DLC" pick that and you can scroll through all the DLC characters. I assume it would be the same for Smash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom