• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Tidbits

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
As you all know, the Wii-U version is releasing soon. I unfortunately do not own a 3DS, so I am severely lacking on new smash knowledge.

Anyway, the point of this thread is for 3DS players to tell things that you've noticed about the game, regarding characters, matchups, stages etc, to help the people who don't have the system. This way we have some information about the game that we can memorize so we don't get pooped on during that first week of tournaments.

I'm looking for information like

-KingDedede's Uptilt goes through battlefield platforms

and

-Greninja can ledge cancel his moves on Final Destination

or

-Sonic's custom moves are much better than his normals

(These are just made up examples)

Appreciate your help!

Last edited:

Dust the Baptist

Weeaboos aren't people.
NNID
Mank210
3DS FC
2809-9541-0380
Robin and lucario can grab out of there Neutral B. So can some other characters try this out at home kids.

Last edited:

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Moving to the regular 3DS Forum.

Flawed

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFlawedOne
Not move-set wise, not percentage wise, things that you find out by experiencing, that's why I put the example of DDD's headbutt going through platforms, because that's not something that gets a thread made out of it.

The Robin and Lucario grabbing out of Neutral B is also a prime example.

Thanks anyway @ SevenYearItch SevenYearItch !

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
A fully charged aura sphere from a high % lucario will hit people who are hanging out on a ledge *provided the ledge grab invulnerability has worn off first*

You are not safe ledge huggers!

Zero Suit Roxas

Smash Cadet
NNID
LeBabbo
3DS FC
0748-1742-4057
Zero Suit Samus's Flip Jump will not meteor smash opponents if they grab onto a ledge, but it will if they are tethering onto a ledge. And when opponents have higher damage percentages, burying them with Flip Jump is more effective than a fully charged Paralyzer shot.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
:4peach: can cancel her animation of pulling a turnip by running off a ledge as she pulls it.
When using Aerials while Floating, or even air-dodging to the ground, you can cancel your landing endlag by throwing it (don't remember if plain old :GCA: works for this since I usually :GCD::GCB: whenever I do it).

Even though her Peach Bomber comes out faster it's a little risky to use in the air since she won't be able to move for a while after using it, so you'll fall straight down before being able to do anything (but only for a bit; it doesn't put her in Helpless State so you can Parasol back to the stage if you used it in an attempt to edgeguard).

Landing :4ness:'s PK Thunder on its own at higher %s can lead to easy set-ups for aerials like Up Air.

:4dedede:'s Gordos can be hit back towards him; they generally travel back to him much faster from flat out hitting them with strong moves compared to reflecting them.

PeachPlumPear

Smash Cadet
Megaman's down-air gives him a bit of float if you use it without accidentally fast-falling. It's also a monster for edge-guarding if they're recovering low.

His up-air pushes opponents slightly upwards, but it pushes them much farther upwards right when it disappears.

You can throw his neutral B straight down off a ledge if you are positioned right on the edge and hit B, then down quickly.

Megaman's sideB will stick to walls, meaning if you do some fancy tech, you can use it for a double up-B recovery.

Peach's side B is safe on shield because she will bounce off the shield, out of most opponent's range. She can also re-use it very quickly after hitting someone, but if she misses it has a good amount of recovery lag.

All of Jigglypuff's up-Bs suck as far as I can tell.

Top Bottom