• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Strategies. (And help me with me problems).

Laijin

Smash Hero
Marth. Everyone knows he is up there as being one of the more cheesy characters in the game. If you main Marth and your good with him, nobody cares cause its Marth.

Anyways..thats not the point of this thread..
The main point of this thread is to discuss strategies as to how you fight Young Link's counter characters(Which is over half the game ya know..). I personally have trouble fighting characters im not use to playing against...which just happens to be alot of the high tiered characters(since most of them are so very broken). The people I play against usually don't main those characters, cause we have all come to the conclusion that:

1. They are all gay.
2. Nobody cares if your good with them.
3. They are cheap.

But once again..thats not the point of the thread.

My main problem characters are Marth, Shiek and Fox.
Im pretty sure some of you have problems fighting other characters.
So..share your strategies as to how to how you fight some of these characters. Every Young Link has a different play style, so everyone fights them differently.

And no..im not a homophobe. Marth really is gay, and Sheik really is a ****.

Edit: if your really going to take me seriously when I say Marth is gay or Shiek is a ****, then try and flame me...you have no sense of humor(even if this is pretty bad humor)

Jash

Smash Lord
um well, heres some vids of my Young Link fighting Marth and Sheik, Pay no attention to the Roy vids.
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=599CA276750D6F4E

Heres a Crew Battle match i had with this Marth, might help you a little.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FditTYkoIyI
Heres a Crew Battle match i had with this Sheik, This is longer so it might help you more.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sClWFU0rpdk
Heres a Crew Battle match i had with this Fox, I watch this to get better most of the time.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I4vd-lFzupo

I hope i help you with this man, I don't want anyone to have problems with these characters. Enjoy.

GaNoNdOrFgUrL

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2853-0620-9258
Marth. Everyone knows he is up there as being one of the more cheesy characters in the game. If you main Marth and your good with him, nobody cares cause its Marth.

Anyways..thats not the point of this thread..
The main point of this thread is to discuss strategies as to how you fight Young Link's counter characters(Which is over half the game ya know..). I personally have trouble fighting characters im not use to playing against...which just happens to be alot of the high tiered characters(since most of them are so very broken). The people I play against usually don't main those characters, cause we have all come to the conclusion that:

1. They are all gay.
3. They are cheap.

But once again..thats not the point of the thread.

My main problem characters are Marth, Shiek and Fox.
Im pretty sure some of you have problems fighting other characters.
So..share your strategies as to how to how you fight some of these characters. Every Young Link has a different play style, so everyone fights them differently.

And no..im not a homophobe. Marth really is gay, and Sheik really is a ****.
Wow.

I love how people consider stupid things "gay" when they don't even have sexual orientation is. (btw that was sarcasm if you took that seriously, theres something wrong with you)

People shouldn't diss other smashers just cause they're good with Marth. Who gives a rat's @$$ if one is being "cheap" with Marth or Fox! They're just really good with that paticular characher! Everyone, hear me out.

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BAD CHARACTERS. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE PLAYER AND HOW EXPIERIENCED THEY ARE WITH THAT PATICULAR CHARACTER.

Come on, theres no need for badmouthing other characters just cause they're supposedly "cheap" :)

takieddine

Smash Master
IDK why but my y.link friend murders my marth, he has a "standard" 4 hit combo which gives me about 40% i think it goes something like a bomb, bomerang, nair, dsmash...

He also spams a LOT, and that really kills a marth, especially bombs(cause all you can do is shield them)

Pick levels with the 3 platform configuration and spam bombs down...its really annoying :).

P.S. Y.link is BROKEN!

Winston

Smash Master
Seattle, WA (slightly north of U-District)
THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS BAD CHARACTERS. IT ALL DEPENDS ON THE PLAYER AND HOW EXPIERIENCED THEY ARE WITH THAT PATICULAR CHARACTER.
Actually, there are[ bad characters (see: bowser, kirby, pichu), but it's not all the characters. Sheik really does **** bowser. Nothing you can do about it.

To the original poster: Marth really isn't that cheap. Try spamming fsmash against anyone who's half decent and see how far you get.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
If you main Marth and your good with him, nobody cares cause its Marth.
Wow, you're really stupid. I guess nobody cares about the distinguised players, such as Ken, Husband, NEO, among many others. People care, and will always care, because they are amazing. It's not the character that makes them good, it's them. Look at NEO with Roy, and he's still that amazing.

1. They are all gay.
Couldn't be more wrong.
100% False
3. They are cheap.
What is "cheap"? Please define.

Marth really is gay, and Sheik really is a ****.
Not at all.

From your post, I can gather the fact that you suck in smash.

He also spams a LOT, and that really kills a marth, especially bombs(cause all you can do is shield them)
Wrong. Spacing fairs can destroy the bomb, not to mention dodging.
Pick levels with the 3 platform configuration and spam bombs down...its really annoying :).
Uair could destroy, and you could just juggle when they come down (or even if they don't). And bombs from above are easy to avoid. Wavedash/Run away. Quite Simple.

P.S. Y.link is BROKEN!
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :psycho: :psycho: :psycho: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
ROFLMFAO XD I pray that was sarcasm.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Jeez..taking me so seriously. I was being sarcastic.
And yes, some characters do have a great advantage over most characters in the game.

Young Link counters Marth, but if you don't know how to play against a Marth with him..he can very easily kill you(Especially on certain stages like Fountain or Yoshi Story). With me, I can either very easily 4 stock a Marth or very easily get 2 or 3 stocked by one. Why? Well..i'll just list some of his advantages over him since some of you probably don't know.

1. If Marth begins to spam double f-airs repeatedly, with almost no lag in between them..throwing projetiles at him becomes very hard to do. His sword will just simply eat your bombs, bounce back your boomeranges, and somehow eat your arrows most of the time. Making it very easy to approach you.

2. U-air and d-air, two of YL's main killing moves becomes useless. Marth's god like range very easily out ranges your u-air and d-air. d-smash and N-air works the best against Marth.

3. f-smash owns YL. And probably the rest of the characters in the game. Its pretty safe to say that Marth can kill YL at like 50% very easily.

On the plus side, YL does indeed counter Marth.

1. His projectiles. Marth has none, YL does. Marth does'nt like projectiles and some Marth's don't normally fight YL's, so they just simply take in every projectile.

2. He is really easy to combo. Almost all of YL's moves can lead to a follow up move on Marth(usually 2 or three more moves).

So yes. Marth is easy to kill, yet very easy to get killed by. The problems I listed above(in Marth's favor) are the main reasons I lose to Marth. I don't have much experience with Marth. How do you guys overcome these problems?

With Shiek, Young Link counters her too. But I don't know how to fight good sheiks either. She will juggle me with her tilts to high damage. If I try to DI away, she normally reads it and wavedashes into a tilt to continue her juggling..before killing me. Spamming is pretty hard since she can easily chase and follow me.

And yes. Some characters in the game could be considered "cheap" against certain characters. Like said before, Shiek really does **** bowser. Theres nothing you can do about that. Marth really does **** Pichu(You try fighting that match up..). So yes. Some characters ARE pretty cheap.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
Young Link counters Marth
YL does indeed counter Marth.
Not at all. First of all Marth has range, priority, camping ability (he can destroy projectiles). Marth is a better character than YL, plain and simple. The matchup is not even, though it is close. It goes in the favor of Marth.

So yes. Some characters ARE pretty cheap.
No, they aren't. Just because a Character has an advantage over another character doesn't make him/her cheap. It just means...S/HE HAS AN ADVANTAGE OVER THAT OTHER CHARACTER. That's like saying, because one sports team is better than another, that they're cheap. Or, because one Politician beat another, that s/he is cheap.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Alright. Now your just misunderstanding me.
When I said YL has an advantage over Marth, thats because he does. Why? Because YL's advantages work in his favor against Marth. On a stage like Dreamland, staying out of Marth's range and throwing projectiles is not that hard. Sure Marth is able to destroy projectiles very easily, but in my experience against Marths..they are not able to do it 100% of the time which means your projectiles will eventually hit him and leave him open for a combo. Your chances of hitting him with a projectile increase if your not super predictable with them(Throwing them directly straight at him all day long is pretty predictable).

Yes. He has much greater range than YL. But why the hell would you wanna run up to him and attack him anyways with YL?(Against any character anyways). Young Link has projectiles. So just stay out of his range.

And yes. Marth is indeed a higher tiered character than Young Link, and logically a better character to choose against most characters. But its all about who is actually playing with the character than what the character can do or not(Caveman is a good example.).

When I say a character is cheap, I really just mean its hard to play certain matchups. Marth is pretty cheesy against Pichu cause its really hard to even get close to him. Now that does not make Marth a better character than Pichu, although most people would not agree with that. It just means Marth has way more advantages over Pichu that makes it harder for Pichu to win..making Marth "cheap" against Pichu.
Sorry..I just use different words to describe different things(Even if it is not correct english obviously). I should explain myself better next time.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
I'm going to stop now. Whatever I say, goes in one ear, and out the other.

Marth > Young Link

gg.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Your coming onto the Young Link board and arguing Marth is better than Young Link. I personally prefer YL over Marth, as well as most of the people who post here. So its all personal opinion.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
lol

Dude, I also prefer Young Link over Marth. But it's not personal opinion. It's true, that Marth is better than YL.

Laijin

Smash Hero
Okay. Well..yea..Marth is a better character when it comes to fighting against most other characters. But I love YL too much to say Marth is better.
YL is top tier in my world. xD lawlz.

Nightblade

Smash Journeyman
Any Marth can be a tough cookie to crack, but as to Marth being gay? Well maybe Metro at best, but there's a lot of anime-style guys that look like chicks. Really, I think it comes down to map selection. On Yoshi's Island a Marth should win. On something with a little more to work with like Green Greens, Final Destination, or Pokemon Stadium (anything relatively large with some hinderances) then Young Link can gain an advantage. I think Young Link gains more of an advantage with mindgames though. Mixing up bomb, boomerang, and boot will irritate the hell out of an opponent. Against double-fairing Marth just do a short-hopped bomb to boomerang to nair. I think that would work pretty well.

Fox and Falco well do an entirely different **** dance. Maybe it's just me, but the Fox's and Falco's I play use their shine as efficiently in killing me as they do reflecting bombs, boomerangs, and arrows. The one thing I can think of is chain-throwing projectiles, and by that I mean you barrage the **** out of them and don't let up. They'll take a hit eventually, and when they do you keep up the assault. Other than that, I don't have many suggestions. Though out of curiousity, what would happen on Falco's dair and Young Link's Up+B or Uair and Fox's Uair to Young Link's Dair?

Laijin

Smash Hero
Though out of curiousity, what would happen on Falco's dair and Young Link's Up+B or Uair and Fox's Uair to Young Link's Dair?
Young Link's u-air has more priority than Falco's d-air. So it will ALWAYS hit vs. that move. Fox's u-air and Young Link's D-air works the same. Young Link will always win in that situation.

Jash

Smash Lord
I think its a shame that anyone has problems with Marth while using Young Link, but then again everyone has their counters =D. I fight Marths like i fight Ganon, easily. Just be evasive and don't try to get all out aggressive on him, if so you will get waxed. Just be Random and beating him will be a breeze. Being random with Young Link is like doing the Ken Combo with Marth, it ALWAYS works. But like the Ken Combo, you just have to know how to do it.

PyroHero

Smash Cadet
lol YL > Marth. It's all in the projectiles. XD Marth is an easy character to combo cause he's a type of floater. He just floats to the groud slowly. If Marth is coming down, use u-air shffl's xD it cuts through all d-air's and you can juggle them. As for that F-smash of his, w-dash backwards. xD The lag of missing a F-smash will be punished with any sweet combo y-Link can dish up. xD In my opinion if you know that everything that you do is making you lose against your opponent go random and do the opposite of what your intentions are xD, that will put some confused looks on those other characters faces. xD

Top Bottom