• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Data Project - Sign Up - Results Posting/ EVERYONE PARTICIPATE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Panda, don't worry about formatting here. People can just post their stuff, and I'll go through afterwards once we have a definate template and formatting and make the formatting universal for public viewing. Also, the last few weeks have been hell on me for schoolwork, which is why i've been slacking =/

When I get the chance, I also plan on adding a blurb about using the frame data code for ocarina.

ColinJF

Smash Ace
I'd recommend we make use of some sort of online content management system where we can all just enter in data directly... then afterward we can format it in any way desired and even extract it directly from the database for use in other applications. It would take some effort to set something like this up, but since this is a fairly large project, I think it would be worth it, rather than just posting in a thread.

SamuraiPanda

Smash Hero
I'd recommend we make use of some sort of online content management system where we can all just enter in data directly... then afterward we can format it in any way desired and even extract it directly from the database for use in other applications. It would take some effort to set something like this up, but since this is a fairly large project, I think it would be worth it, rather than just posting in a thread.
This is a wonderful idea, but we would need someone to do this for us. I have an idea for someone that might be up for this, but I'll have to ask him if he's willing.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Oooh, yeah we can have an XML schema (DTD or XSD or w/e schema language you want) and the CMS could generate a conforming XML document, then use XSLT to generate pritty presentation of the data

^_^

SCOTU

Smash Hero
actually, i was going to just make a program that tabularizes the data and does store to XML. Upon completion, it would (obviously) be available to anyone who wanted to DL it. Entering data in a thread is fine. If you think this is big, look at Ankoku's char ranking project. His thread's not only got more data reported than this, but also has 1.37x10^6 tons of spam too. He gets it done. I can manage easy enough for just getting data out of a thread. This also allows collectors to simply collect it however they want and not have to deal with a web interface, they can just c/p their data from whatever collection method they chose (plaintext/ excel/ etc...)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
OH ****. I forgot to mention for smashes, find what frame is the "Charge Frame", i.e. what frame of the animation is where you start charging the frame.

Levitas

the moon
I have all lucas's frame stuff in an excel file as of now. Including zap jumping.

Edit: I now have almost all of ness's stuff.

I'll take pit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom