• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Character Counterpick banning

Skraeres

Smash Rookie
Hi, I’m making this thread just as a talking point for an idea for smash ultimate characters and counterpicking. So my main idea is that we could make a system where you ban characters similar to how you would ban in league of legends.

The main reason I thought of this is that ultimate has such a huge amount of characters and that it makes it necessary to learn several characters.

This system I think would make lower tier characters a bit stronger since these characters can avoid the threat of a top tier or very unfavorable matchups. Like rosaluma vs. Ness/Lucas for example.

I know there are a lot of holes in this kind of method, but I still think it’s kind of an interesting topic to explore.

Skraeres

Smash Rookie
Thanks! So the way I think it could work is that it would happen after a game is lost/won so

Winner bans stages-> loser picks stage-> loser bans character-> loser picks character-> winner then picks character

I think giving the loser the ability to ban one of your characters is too strong if they also get to counterpick your newly selected character. So I think giving the winner the choice of counterpicking characters might be best.

Top Bottom