• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Changing/Altering One Player Modes Discussion

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Lets discuss ideas and changes that would be cool to make for these single player modes.
-Classic
-Subspace
-AllStar
-Events
-Stadium
*Target Smash
*Home-Run Contest
*Multi-Man Smash
*Boss Battles
-Training

For Target Smash I was thinking it would be cool if all Smash 64 veterans were to have there Level 1 Target Smash changed to their Smash 64 version. Then all Melee veterans could have there Level 2 Target Smash changed to their Melee version. If this is even possible that is. I understand the PMDT is busy with all kinds of other things pertaining to the multi-player mode but I also think making some single player adjustments eventually would be awesome. Is it possible and what does everyone else think about it?

Last edited:

Celestis

Smash Ace
You are not the first. But it seems that this task is just not possible.

Kurri ★

#PlayUNIST
Switch FC
7334-0298-1902
It's sounds cool, but would be a nightmare to create. Not to mention, what do Brawl characters get? I don't think it'd be right to say "Well you weren't in 64/Melee so no Break the Targets for you!"

Regarding single player in general. SSE should work fine. Although I don't know how to play as Roy, Mewtwo, or ZSS.

RomeDogg

Smash Journeyman
Well I don't feel it is a "Brawl Characters get less" kind of thing. I view it as an easter egg-ish kind of thing. Plus the Brawl characters would get the regular level 1 and level 2 target smash. Which the Smash64 veterans would get neither and the Melee veterans won't get the level 2 Target Smash.

Also yeah I beat Subspace in Brawl and am almost done beating Subspace in 3.6beta. I am at the Great Maze and it hasn't frozen on me or anything like that even once. So good job to the PMDT on that. Also when you get curry combined with turbo during SSE its broken combo madness.

I also just realized I should have made this thread about discussing single player changes in general in fact I am going to change the title and first post to make it so. Though I do agree Subspace is fine as it is.

But hey what about Training mode. It was nice/helpful to see your consecutive hits counter in the upper right corner in Melee. Like in the video below. Have they tried to implement that? Obviously the current mode counts them because it shows the max combos on the character select screen. It would actually be cool to have your combo hits appear in all modes. like by your character or something and in the same color as the player you are. P1 Red, P2 Blue, P3 Yellow and P4 Green. This will help new players and all players in general see which combos are true combos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rulz6nTWe1w

Last edited:

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
You are not the first. But it seems that this task is just not possible.
It's very possible, just time consuming, and the methods aren't easy to find. Most of the filetypes that would need to be altered have been defined for ~a year, the thing is that the PMDT is focused mostly on the multiplayer aspects of the game. AFAIK the way that single-player modes are structured in Brawl is convoluted to the point that screwing with them beyond what is needed could have some seriously crippling effects on development time.

Top Bottom