• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Change to Rosalina's Final Smash

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
Gamexplain recently posted a video of screen shots and it looks like Rosalina has had some changes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCLSloG90_0

But it looks like her gravity pull has a hit box (42 sec) and her final smash now has a giant power star (18 sec) (like Ice Climbers mountain).

Last edited:

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
Gamexplain recently posted a video of screen shots and it looks like Rosalina has had some changes.

Search youtube with: 32 Screenshots of Super Smash Bros Wii U & 3DS - Rosalina, Little Mac, Smash Run (Slideshow)
(I can't post links yet...)

But it looks like her gravity pull has a hit box (42 sec) and her final smash now has a giant power star (18 sec) (like Ice Climbers mountain).
It is known that the power star grows in size during the attack.
Also her down Special absorbs projectiles, but it also makes them spin around her first. So that could explain it.

Bumbalobob

Smash Cadet
I was not aware that it grew in size. The picture just made it look larger than I had seen it before.

im just peachy

Smash Ace
NNID
hiimej
3DS FC
3196-3456-0998
yea, in gameplay videos, when she uses her final smash, little stars fly out of a big star, and it looks like for each few stars that fly out of it, it grows in size, and when the stars are done flying out, the center star is huge and it explodes causing damage to whoever is around the huge center star

andimidna

Smash Master
Look back to when it was first revealed at the Smash Direct. It didn't grow at all.

Then look at the Wii U Tournament, it grew and exploded at the end.

Low look at it. It grows even larger! They realized they made a mistake with her Final Smash and that it was terrible! Yay balancing!

Rohalina

Smash Cadet
NNID
Rohan21
3DS FC
4854-6423-3624
I think it needs to start a tad bigger so more of the stage covered by stars. A long shot, but maybe it could follow her around?

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
I think it needs to start a tad bigger so more of the stage covered by stars. A long shot, but maybe it could follow her around?
I like how it stays in place since it basically lets her block off a fair chunk of the stage, so not in favor of it following her around. I do think the stars it spews out should be have a bit more range and power, since it's really not a threat by itself.

Maybe the main star can have a constant hitbox as it expands too? Nothing like the explosion at the end, but something so that Rosalina can juggle you back and forth between herself and the star.

Novice_Brave

Smash Journeyman

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iCLSloG90_0

You may know this by now, but the hitbox on her Gravitational Pull is confirmed to be one of her customizable move options for Gravitational Pull. Her three options are:

1. Default - Nullifies projectiles and draws in items
2. Draws in fighters and then hits them away
3. Makes Luma grow to a giant size and "protect" her (still not totally sure how this works)

mario123007

HELLO, YOU HAVE ENTERED THE DUNK ZONE
NNID
mario123007
3DS FC
1521-3033-2948
Switch FC
SW-5739-4272-0700
Make it wide ranged, or make the star fly more faster.

Seriously, I can't really think of anything to improve her final smash, she has the same as DK's, with exception that she still can move around.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Make it wide ranged, or make the star fly more faster.

Seriously, I can't really think of anything to improve her final smash, she has the same as DK's, with exception that she still can move around.
I keep thinking of it as more of a flashy distraction so that Rosi can sneak in a few KOs as everyone stares at the giant star.

200X!!

Smash Apprentice
NNID
sweetidealism
3DS FC
5327-0916-5405
The main problem I experienced with Rosalina's FS while I was playing at SDCC was that she is still susceptible to damage, like Giga Bowser. If she were invincible, and really she should be having just summoned a giant power star, then it would be much easier to knock people into it.

It can remain the same size for all I care. I want Rosalina to be invincible during her final smash.

ParanoidDrone

Smash Master
Random thought:

What if the Power Star was changed to be a Grand Star? Doesn't even have to make it act any different, just another throwback to Galaxy.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
Guys, I hope you realize the star explodes at the end. and that does MAJOR damage. especially if used correctly.

Shirma Akayaku

Smash Lord
NNID
Toadette75
Switch FC
SW-3818-9526-0298
I think the best way to make Rosalina's Final Smash more effective is by having the shooting stars go inwards towards the giant Power Star. That way opponents can get hit into the Power Star's explosion range. Increasing the Power Star's size would help too.

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
Since rosa has a gravity sort of effect anyways, I think it'd be cool if the star had some sort of gravitational pull on opponents. I know that wouldn't happen though LOL...

Top Bottom