• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chameleon Twist for Brawl!

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
The main guy of the Chameleon Twist series for the Nintendo64, is named Davy. I used to play this game a long time ago, and thought that it would be a good idea if Davy were in Brawl. He could be sort-of like Yoshi, because of his long, red tounge. But on the other hand, he would be slower, more powerful, and have a stronger shield and grab attacks than those of Yoshi. His alternate costumes would be Green (Jack's Costume on CT), Yellow (Fred's costume on CT), and Pink (Linda's costume on CT). His main color would be Blue, which is Davy's costume on Chameleon Twist. Chameleon Twist isn't a very popular game, but it's owned by Nintendo and was a best-seller on the Nintendo 64. I guess that they didn't have the time or the money to make a Chameleon Twist 3, or just simply didn't want to. Here is a Picture of Davy

In case you don't know, he's the blue thing with the long tounge. Here is some information about Chameleon Twist from Wikipedia:
Story

The Protagonist of the game is a blue chameleon named Davy who, upon following a Rabbit (closely resembling the one from a Lewis Carroll book) into a magical hole in the ground, finds he has taken on a humanoid form.

The plot involves Davy travelling throughout the six lands of the magic portal he enters, in an attempt to find a way back through the portal and back home. Following the same rabbit he met before he entered the world, Davy adventures through six worlds: "Jungle Land," "Ant Land," "Bomb Land," "Desert Castle," "Kids Land," and "Ghost Castle."

[edit] Gameplay

The most innovative thing about Chameleon Twist is its Tongue Physics. by pressing the "B" button, players are able to have their controlled Chameleon stick out their toungue. Using the Analog stick, players are then able to control the movement of the toungue, sticking it to power-ups out of reach or onto enemies, until the toungue reaches it's full length and retracts back into the chameleon's mouth, or until it bumps a wall, which wields the same result.

As a basic attack, Davy and his friends (who have the same powers) can stick out their tounge and swallow enemies that stick to it. Once inside their mouth, the Chameleons have the option of spitting the enemies back out of their mouths at other enemies.

In order to jump up to levels of ground that are usually impossible to reach, Davy and his friends are able to launch themselves into the air by using their tougues (similar to that of a hand-stand). If used while the chameleon is moving an a particular direction, the jump is given even more altitude, being more similar to Pole vaulting.

When faced with impassable gaps in the ground, of which frequently block the way, the Player is usually able to grab a pole on the other side of the pit, allowing them to either move across the pit in a set direction (by pressing no extra buttons), or move across the pit in a circular motion by swinging around the pole (by pressing the "A" button and the desired direction after grabbing the pole).

[edit] Multiplayer

The game also features a four player battle mode, featuring Davy and his three differently colored friends, Jack (green), Fred (yellow), and Linda (Pink). In each battle, the Players goal is to knock the other off the arena, in which both combatants are placed, by firing enemies at each other. There are two kinds of battles: Time Trial and Survival Match. Each mode has four different arenas to chose from.

[edit] Reception

Though disregarded by critics due to its difficult to control gameplay, challengeless levels, and strange life and continue system, Chameleon Twist is heralded for its uniqueness and has garnered a cult following, specifically from one quarter of the Nugs.
As it said down at the bottom of the "quotes", it tells you why Chameleon Twist met it's demise. Anyways, aside from that, I think that Davy has a pretty fair chance at getting in Brawl. I doubt it, and won't be dissapointed if he doesn't get in, but it will be cool to see another familiar face in Brawl. I don't think that this was an already made topic, and think that everyone will have forgotten about Chameleon Twist to actually post something about it on here.
Later on, like in a few days, I'll try to find new pictures of Davy, and make a moveset for him. Who knows, if you guys like the idea, i might make one tonight! When posting, please post constructively, and have FACTS and REASONINGS behind EVERYTHING that you SAY. Thank you. If you don't know anything about this character, then don't post at all please. And PLEASE, DON'T POST ANY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS. I DON'T WANT A HUGE ARGUMENT STARTED UP OVER CHAMELEON TWIST.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
I really don't think telling people not to post is the best idea....

I honestly don't know much about the game, but it appears to be third party to me...

O and I found a pic to post

Ronin686

Smash Ace
That ice cream sandwich man in the middle of the first picture would be far superior.

BlueFlames

Smash Apprentice
I really don't think telling people not to post is the best idea....

I honestly don't know much about the game, but it appears to be third party to me...

O and I found a pic to post

thanks for the pic!
That ice cream sandwich man in the middle of the first picture would be far superior.
hmmm......maybe.....maybe not.....

The only way I could see him getting in is if he is the WTF character but still props on the idea. Wouldn't it be awesome if they made a chameleon twist for the Wii?
That would be AWESOME!

Blue Flames.....um when you made this thread were you bored?
a little bit, yes, but, he is a good character choice, you know.

D3monicWolv3s

Smash Ace
"Chameleon Twist is a platformer released for the Nintendo 64 in 1997 by Sunsoft." ~Wikipedia

So from that I am guessing he is third party, so I guess its not a very high chance... made me think of gimmick ... 2 dissapointments at once. :(

Unless if he is like diddy, and nintendo owns the character, I will just assume its very unlikly.

parrothead

Smash Lord
I believe Chameleon Twist 1 and 2 are owned by Japan System Supply, the developer behind the cancelled Virtual Boy title, Bound High, and his follow-up, Chalvo 55.

I created a character thread about a Japan System Supply character from Bound High and Chalvo 55. He is called Chalvo, and his thread is located here, if you are too lazy to go up to the Character Thread Index.

Thrillhouse-vh.

Smash Hero
PLEASE, DON'T POST ANY NEGATIVE THOUGHTS. I DON'T WANT A HUGE ARGUMENT STARTED UP OVER CHAMELEON TWIST.
This is a forum, anyone and everyone can post their opinions. As for my opinion, yes, original Chameleon Twist is one of my favorite N64 games (Chameleon Twist 2 was alright, but the character redesign was too weird for my taste)

Promethus

Smash Apprentice
o.k whoever said Chamelon Twist guy has a fair chance is either drunk or doesn't know how a Roster works in Smash.

Chamelon twist is just a random game made by random company.
about 10/10 people wouldn't even know who he was.

OH and yes lets waste 3rd party character space for him instead of Sonic, Megaman, Bomberman and any other populor character that actually HAS CHANCES.

Wet Fish KO

Smash Rookie
I've never enven heard of the chamelon twist games before and got no idea what they are about. look pretty funny though but i highly dout that any of the characters in chamelon twist will stand any chance of being in SSBB.

Top Bottom