• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Throws

Fautor Animus

Smash Cadet
What he can do on fast fallers is throw them up, and if they don't d.i. you can just keep throwing them up, but if they do, try to chase them, and keep throwing them up, and then when they're at about 80% damage, you can pretty much kill them with a down smash. The one you said is the most common, and the easiest to pull, but chain throwing is basically any combination that includes a lot of throws, so I would say just practice. Also, to measure when to throw out the throw, you might want to go to practice and throw characters of varying weight up continously at varying speeds.

bb.

Smash Apprentice
What he can do on fast fallers is throw them up, and if they don't d.i. you can just keep throwing them up, but if they do, try to chase them, and keep throwing them up, and then when they're at about 80% damage, you can pretty much kill them with a down smash. The one you said is the most common, and the easiest to pull, but chain throwing is basically any combination that includes a lot of throws, so I would say just practice. Also, to measure when to throw out the throw, you might want to go to practice and throw characters of varying weight up continously at varying speeds.
you sir, are not good at this game

mewtwo has no legit chain throws, you can DI or jump out of every single conceived one

only one i can get to work for me with reasonable success is upthrow, upair, grab. And that's on fastfallers at zero.

Fautor Animus

Smash Cadet
he asked what they were, and I told him what they were, I never said they would work. i probably should have mentioned that. There's also the back throw, jump, shadow ball, back throw, charge while they get back, and repeat. It works mr. bb. I would say that you must not be good as mewtwo to say he doesn't have chain throws. Work or not it depends on your skill, and the lack of theirs. mainly the former.

Insane-Contrast

Smash Apprentice
I use Mewtwo's throws to kill, not to chainthrow. I don't use forward throw very often. I don't use down throw very often unless the player cannot DI correctly.
Up throw is my faveourite. Oh yes.
But back throw can be nice to throw someone off and then follow up with a DAIR or usually a BAIR.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
I suppose since you play mewtwo its reasonable as you need to constantly mindgame to stay in the game.
denny aka Quak is only good with M2 because we dont play him seriously. M2 does have a semi-CG, that i have noticed even though your time is better spent killing. His dthrow to dtilt pops some chars up enough to the point of grabbing and on certain chars and certain %, you dont need to dtilt. I have always thought that at 0% you could uthrow---> utilt but i assume you cant.

I can honestly say I have no idea how and why I am in this thread. Please ignore me if you like.

EDIT: didnt read correctly. should be "...........since you play M2, its reasonable........" my mistake but the first sentence stays true ;D

quak

Smash Champion
as it does me

at some point in a boys life, he needs to get some balls, and shave off the peach fuzz

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
and i never take KG seriously because he's hispanic, and his peach fuzz is unsettling
ok, thats a lame john but ok. +10 for attempting -3 for saying never taking me seriously, -4 for using me not shaving for like a day against me, -1 for smashboards being laggy and never working. overall: 2. step your game up denny. im disappointed in you. i expect a better comeback. gg no re. :psycho: call up casey about sat in SF we tryin to get crews and go.

quak

Smash Champion
ok, thats a lame john but ok. +10 for attempting -3 for saying never taking me seriously, -4 for using me not shaving for like a day against me, -1 for smashboards being laggy and never working. overall: 2. step your game up denny. im disappointed in you. i expect a better comeback. gg no re. :psycho: call up casey about sat in SF we tryin to get crews and go.
maybe, maybe

Top Bottom