• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Swallowing

white peachy

Smash Ace
Don't know if anyone's noticed this but DDD can chain swallow if you follow your opponents DI. I've been experimenting with this a lot lately. It seems to work best near the edge of a map because most people DI up and forwards back towards the map after being spit. So basically you just jump, swallow, spit repeat and rack up damage. I did this to a very reputable fox (who will remain nameless) and it worked really well. Anyway...try it out, see what you find.

Recognize

Smash Journeyman
Meh, sounds preety situational and wouldent work for more than 2 times for most people.'

Ill try it out, seems like it could get preety annoying

whut?

Smash Journeyman
i'll occasionally do this but dont try it that much,
its extremely easy to DI out of if youre opponent has been victimized by it before.
i prefer the inhale-fAir followup, then chain it to another inhale (repeat or not).
sometimes its good to jump before you spit them out, you can read their DI easier as they fall..but obviously they have way more time to react this way.

white peachy

Smash Ace
yeah, you're right, it is situational, annoying (to opponents and hilarious for yourself!), and escapable but so was tech chasing back in the glory days of melee...i use this technique similarily to that. Free damage is free damage.
IMO the swallow is vastly underated in many situations...especially because no one seems to use it. Nothing like pulling a Link player off the edge with it when he's trying to use upB to edgeguard only to float to his death lol.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
i use inhale quite regularly...

i like to mix up my CG with this...

CG twice...short hop into inhale...spit into forward air...into inhale (if possible)

heavily dependent on opponents DI but can be very useful...

also...you can finish the CG into inhale suicide

i try to get 1 stock up...CG to the end of the stage...run after them...inhale... instant advantage

Brody2

Smash Cadet
It's not really something you can bank on everytime, but it's nice to mix in. You can get two or three in a row here and there and pick up some free damage. Plus it is freakin hilarious...me and my friends call it the suck and swallow combo.

Goodstyle

Smash Apprentice
Inhale is my favorite move for D3. I already chain swallowing whenever I get the chance but thanks anyway.

turbogilman

Smash Journeyman
yeah i totally agree, i was playing against dksmash and azen at a tourney in casuals. they played double link, and i was alternating who i was suck swallowing.

it was like swallow spit, the other link jumps over, swallow spit...etc

his nuetral b is ******** good. but then again i think all of his stuff is good

king dedede is the best haha

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
i just wish we had a less perverted sounding name for this move lol

i vote that we officially call it king's breath. or something cool, any suggestions?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
It seems you are all really good at sucking, but you're not swallowing; you're spitting. I'm sure the person you're sucking wouldn't appreciate that.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
thanks for sharing. I knew about it's uses with kirby, but I had no idea for DDD...how sad...

Briefcase

Smash Rookie
I've actually done this to my girlfriend on final destination quite a few times. She mains peach because there's no really good peach players in her eyes, and she's actually better than all of my other smashbros friends except one. Anyways, Just inhale, spit out, jump forward and inhale in one motion, most everyone I've ever seen who has been inhaled and spat back out jumps out of the star that they become, and usually jump forward to try to attack you back. I've actually inhaled someone 7 times in a row on final destination before they finally backed way off. Something else to do is CG all the way to the edge of the stage, then FG and follow into an inhale and spit, which will put your opponent much lower than they were before. Or finish with another DG and shorthop inhale and just plummit, alot of people get flustered and make big mistakes when they can barely see their characters.

Top Bottom