• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Grabs differences between the other two games

Yardsale

Smash Rookie
Hey guys! I've been trying to give ics a chance since I like them a lot in melee. I understand the buffs they were given and have a knowledge of their desyncs but I find they chain grabs extremely akward to do espically dthrow + dair and the ledge handoffs. Do any melee players have any advice to adapt to doing those chain grabs in project m?

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
Ledge handoffs are currently (virtually) impossible, and as far as dthrow->dair timings, I don't know what to tell you. I don't remember what they were like in Melee. You probably just need to adjust a bit.

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
What, really? No one here knows how to get out of that, then, apparently. Which way do you DI to escape dthrow-dair?

What, really? No one here knows how to get out of that, then, apparently. Which way do you DI to escape dthrow-dair?
just away period...or the Dair just doesn't hit at all on it's own depending on the character

I believe it's only guaranteed on bulky characters like Bowser, D3, DK, ROB and maybe some others due to the throw speed being mad slow and them being really big

Last edited:

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
You can't just pre-jump and nair with nana and throw them into it, if the throw animation is fast enough for any given character?

Foxy K

Smash Journeyman
NNID
foxy_k
I have a few questions about chain throws. Hopefully we can get Hylian in here for some official answers. First, did the change that removed wobbling also remove blizzard+pummel damage racking? Everyone I do it to breaks out, but I want to know if I'm doing it wrong or if it doesn't work anymore. Is there a minimum percentage the opponent needs to be at?

Second, I have an idea I want to run by those of you who know better than me. The way to get out of dthrow-dair is to DI away. The way to get out of dthrow-squall is to DI up (floaties) or down+buffer roll (fastfallers). Would it be feasible to mix up these two variations to try to get people to DI the wrong way and continue chaining them? You only have to chain them to the ledge for a kill, which leads me to my last question.

I have a lot of success getting kills with dthrow-fair spike. They can't really escape it as long as I time everything right. Does anyone else have success with this or is my scene just bad at DIing it? It seems like they might be able to hit the stage or at least ledge/wall tech if they DI in, but I don't know.

Last edited:
Top Bottom