• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Grabbing... The BEST way

-EXO-

Smash Rookie
What is the best way to chaingrab? Theres the DASH>Z, DASH>Shield>A, and DASH>Let go of ctrl stick>Shield>A. It seems as the first way is faster, but i hear that the dashing sheild grab is the best? Some clarification would be great. Thanks

whut?

Smash Journeyman
shield canceled grabs are all you should care about now. Shield cancels dash after dthrow then grab, there must be delay on the grab by a fraction of a second. Shield cancels provide enough slide that you can grab characters like marth, sonic, and pit when they try to jab or upB out of the CG.

it isnt easy to explain, go into practice with marth and mess around,
dthrow, dash, immediately shield, then almost as immediately grab.
now try doing the cg with Z, aka normal dash grab.
do it as soon as you have frames to dash and you wont reach marth.

brawlerbrad91

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering this also, so you say the best way is to dthrow, dash to shield A, rinse and repeat right. I tried this, but i didn't notice a difference, but there prolly is

whut?

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering this also, so you say the best way is to dthrow, dash to shield A, rinse and repeat right. I tried this, but i didn't notice a difference, but there prolly is
There is, at first it wasnt obvious, but i wouldnt post if it wasnt confirmed.
its a finger dance on the controller once you get it down, second nature.
its not even dash, its just trot and then your only concerns are doing the
consecutive R-A, or shield then grab. (i hold R after pressing it, as opposed to tap)
the timing makes it seem like you press shield and grab at the same time, but it isnt,
its best if you put the speed down to 1/4 and do this.
as soon as you can trot, you activate the shield cancel, then grab.
in 1/4th speed try the same thing like i said, with normal dash grab(z)
you should notice you cant CG with z directly out of trot, which is what SCGs do.
it has to be frame perfect, that makes it sound hard but really, it isnt after a while.

R!S3

Smash Apprentice
I agree with whut?

the shield canceled dash grab is the best way to CG with DDD

Top Bottom