• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Grabbing Help

Nocki

Smash Rookie
I am attempting to practice chain grabs vs fox in training mode with the cpu set to evade, and I can not seem to link dash grabs until 60%+ and I can't link jc grabs at all. I'm not really sure why, or if I'm messing something up or not but aren't I supposed to be able to chain grab from 30% to 85% (if the other person has perfect DI).

Oaty

Smash Cadet
There isn't really a special trick to the chain grab, so it would be hard to be offer tips for it. Honestly it's just something you have to practice and eventually you'll get it down.

Nocki

Smash Rookie
A friend suggested that I might be dashing too late/early so I set it to 1/2 speed and tried different dash times but I still can't get it below 60%. D=

Edit: I figured it out, I was underestimating the range of Dash Grab and occasionally pressing Z too late.

Last edited:

AozoraX

Smash Apprentice
Don't dash grab. It's all about practice and timing. No tips like any chaingrab, just do it.

Nocki

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the advice guys! Now I just need to figure out chain grab vs falcon and I'm good.

krazyzyko

Smash Champion
Vs human opponents:
Pummel them while they DI and throw them while they attempt to mash out. You can peek at their controller to anticipate their DI.

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
i am able to chain spacies with jc grabs, is dash grab only needed for the highest percents?

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
It's pretty funny, because I learned how to chain grab before I learned how to jump cancel. But once I learned how to jump cancel, chaingrabbing became something I had to practice due to my muscle memory Jump-Cancel grabbing on instinct.

You should be able to chain-grab Fox and Falco at 23%, Falcon has to be somewhat closer to 30%.

Jethrotex

Smash Journeyman
Falcon starts at 1 and ends at 69% on no di. Fox/Falco starts at 28, although doing it this early has a really tight window..

Last edited:
Top Bottom