• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Chain Edge Stall?

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
I was playing a match that i won, and you kno how they end in slo mo? I was holding the edge, let go and used the chain instantly to grab the edge again. I tried it once in a regular game but it didnt work. Does anyone know if this is a guaranteed technique?

So it goes like this; Ledge drop then chain

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
I was playing a match that i won, and you kno how they end in slo mo? I was holding the edge, let go and used the chain instantly to grab the edge again. I tried it once in a regular game but it didnt work. Does anyone know if this is a guaranteed technique?

So it goes like this; Ledge drop then chain
This... won't work. With all tether recoveries, after the third time you tether the edge, if you attempt to tether it again you will fall to your death. This counter is reset upon standing (not hanging) on ground.

Shack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ShackShack
3DS FC
1392-5021-7831
So you're saying this does work, just not Infinite?

Cobra

Smash Journeyman
So you're saying this does work, just not Infinite?
...Yes, that's what he's saying. Now, I HAVE NOT tested this fully, but I think that depending on the manner of your ledge drop, you may not be able to do it. But as he said, regardless, after the third time, you will fall to your death for sure.

(It may be that using your Up+B to get to the ledge, then trying to chain stall will result in death...but I'm not sure on this, would need to test. I have however seen weird things happen when trying to do fancy ledge moves in the past.)

uopq

Smash Rookie
what i do is ledge drop then jump, tether, and then push down, (as soon as you are aligned with the ledge) and then grab the ledge again. and as wildfire said it will only work 3 times. but in this case you wouldn't fall to your death, but you probably would be wide open so use with caution haha.

Top Bottom