• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

CF vs Sheik MU

SupremoRemo

Smash Cadet
Personally, Sheik is one of my harder matchups considering she can easily combo falcon, especially if DI is bad.
One thing I hate most about her is her crouch. Of course it gets her out of grab range but is also low enough to dodge jabs.

Any tips for approaching a sheik who always crouches?
Or any tips for this matchup in general would be appreciated.
Thanks!

-Remo

Last edited:

DoorKnob

Smash Rookie
From what I've experienced, it's really just trying not to approach sheik. Space aerials so you don't get grabbed, because grabs destroy falcon. When you get a hit you really have to make it count. Blindly approaching is the worst in this match up imo. Put some thought into every move thrown out. At the very least you have more recovery options unlike in melee.

DoorKnob

Smash Rookie
Try to get the edgeguarding down as well. What i like to do is grab edge and refresh invincibility until she gets close, then i try to time a normal getup. What usually happens is 1) The sheik lands on the base of the stage and you could stomp knee if they are mid-high% or just knee them back offstage. 2) They land on platform and you're free to punish/send them back offstage. 3)They go directly above the ledge hoping to grab the stage on the way down, in which case you can ftilt or bair if you have enough time. And 4) They just go straight for the ledge sweetspot and get the ledge.

DoorKnob

Smash Rookie
Edgeguarding can basically be done by just trying to predict what they wanna do, or try to cover as many options as possible. Whatever you prefer.

SupremoRemo

Smash Cadet
Another tip I figured out:

CF's dash grab can actually grab a crouching sheik as opposed to standing grab/JCgrab

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
Long story short, you shouldn't try to rush down Sheik, play a smart, patient, poking game instead with lots of aerials, especially nairs. Use that, and fast tricky minimal commitment movement to try and control space. If you're interested, here's a good example of the me playing the matchup well at a high level in PM.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3ENS7s5Zt4

SwiftOfDaSouth

Smash Journeyman
Long story short, you shouldn't try to rush down Sheik, play a smart, patient, poking game instead with lots of aerials, especially nairs. Use that, and fast tricky minimal commitment movement to try and control space. If you're interested, here's a good example of the me playing the matchup well at a high level in PM.
Good **** man, good ****. That Nair setup you were getting? Immaculate.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
yo fatality, is there some special way to drop through platforms while in shieldstun like you're doing, or do you just press unshield and press down real quick.

Your platform game is mad good. What are your bans and why.

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
yo fatality, is there some special way to drop through platforms while in shieldstun like you're doing, or do you just press unshield and press down real quick.

Your platform game is mad good. What are your bans and why.
What I'm doing there is shield dropping, which lets you drop down from platforms without having to leave shield, you still have to wait for shield stun to end before you can do it, but I understand how long it takes most of the time where I can do it quickly, here's a link with Axe explaining shield drops: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PfAlxODHc48

With stage bans, I almost always ban Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams, and Green Hill Zone against most characters. The reasoning being that among the 4 small stages, I think Warioware is the best for Falcon, due to it's tiny blastzones, walls, and the top 2 platforms that are useful for camping. Falcon really only dislikes small stages, and doesn't mind being taken elsewhere, with some exceptions like Diddy, Sonic, Mario, and other characters who are really good when there are little or no platforms, in which case I ban Final Destination, Green Hill Zone, and Skyloft to deny them the easy stage control it gives them.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
sweet sweet, is that the same method you use for shield dropping? or are there several techniques for it? I dont actually own PM and it's nice to see I can practice this in melee though, thanks!

-Fatality-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FatalityFalcon
3DS FC
3695-0049-3723
sweet sweet, is that the same method you use for shield dropping? or are there several techniques for it? I dont actually own PM and it's nice to see I can practice this in melee though, thanks!
There are at least 2 methods for shield dropping, what Axe does, what I do, and maybe some other ways that I'm not aware of. What I do is shield on top of a platform with my control stick in neutral position, and then I just push the control stick down till it goes as far down as it can, though if you do it too fast, you'll spotdodge instead. You want to go as fast as you possibly can without spotdodging so you can shield drop aerials and such on reaction.

_Keno_

Smash Lord
alright, thanks a ton! Also, I love that custom combo you ended both of your sets with in the video thread. I will try to steal it.

Last edited:
Top Bottom