• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Central Florida Practice/Training (Near UCF)

Exdeath

Smash Master
Technically, this should be posted in the UCF thread, but this is a separate thread for emphasis.

On either Thursday or Friday of every week, UCF should have an all-day practice session. I need to know which day, because my boss is willing to change which day I'm working (it can only be one or the other that I'm driving). I have class on Thursday morning, but doing it on Thursday gives everyone a chance to rest and think about what they learned before any tournament(s) on Saturday.

I can take 4 people, and at least 2 of those people should bring a set-up [Wii+Game+TV]. I would be near Orlando by 11:30 A.M. on Thursday or any time in the morning on Friday and my car would need to leave at 9 P.M. I will need gas money, but it won't exceed $3 (I'm going to limit how far I will drive by around 10 minutes out of my way -- check with me so that I can check your location).

I'm willing to do my part, but everyone else must also do theirs in order for this to work.

Who would have their place available at one of those time(s), possibly starting earlier and/or ending later?

Everyone in CFL: Learn to schedule ahead of time. I know that many of you prefer keeping transient schedules, but it's necessary to keep a schedule ahead of time so that we can coordinate with each other.

Whoever is interested in attending these should post their locations and what time(s) they're available.

Renki , GDX, and Gallax: You are the three other major UCF drivers. It would be extraordinarily helpful if you could pick people up. I don't know where you're coming from, so post your route for everyone to check you can just start from a major road if you're concerned about people knowing where you live.

Hungrybox and 21+ player A.K.A. Kyon: You should bring Kissimmee to this!

HRNut: You are on a level above virtually everyone else in CFL. Please come to this somehow. Depending on how far away you are, I'm sure that someone can pick you up.

Radix, Gallax, GDX, Razek, Fearless, Kyon, D-Torr, and Hungrybox: HRNut aside, you are first string CFL players. You are vital to this practice being successful.

Fearless, Razek, and Garbanzo: You are the major venues that I know of and are necessary for this to be any level of success.

Kyon, D-Torr, GDX, Walnut, etc.: You have the recorder(s) and are the only way for CFL to put up videos of CFL playing. Someone should create a private Youtube account for everyone in CFL to post videos on so that we can critique each others' video(s).

Anyone I Missed: Post here so that I know!

For the practice itself:

-Ask questions!

-When people ask you for help, you should help them.

-Show people your character(s)' weaknesses.

-There should be at least one character that everyone leaves knowing how to play against fairly well.

-There should be discussion on mind sets and varying play styles.

-There can be discussion about future events, but that can be on SWF just as well.

-Don't be afraid to just talk about/experiment with ideas.

-Point out obvious mistakes (e.g. when someone spot dodges immediately in front of you and you don't do anything to punish it) and make suggestions.

-Get a group of people, watch them, and then critique them together. Talk about what worked, what didn't work, and why. Talk about what the other player was expecting/thinking/etc. Teach good viewing habits to those around you.

-Think critically about whether or not something can work in a different situation, and why or why not that would work.

-Teach good solo practice habits, such as what and how to practice alone (e.g. how to buffer for specific combos and frame traps).

-etc.

Once we have coordinated when this can start, I will make a thread for each week, noting specific help requests (e.g. Help Player X with Character Y vs. Character Z), date, time(s), who is driving what route to coordinate pick-ups, etc.

Razek

Smash Apprentice
I am almost always off on thursdays.Me and Garb got the house looking nice but there will be rules to my house.

If you bring food, you eat in the kitchen table, and the kitchen table will look like it was before the fest, no more slobs. If you are caught littering you will be asked to leave, simple math really.

Other main rule with consumables is drinks. unless its water, it stays in the kitchen. Again, simple and easy.

Raging, don't do it ya dum fack. We are trying to improve our skills , so if i ***** about Wario's forward smash, I want the whole fest to go,"STFU RAZ". No more johns about camping either, smash is about being able to adapt to all situations, not just the ones you are accustomed to.

Thats about it.
lets battle!

Juiceeeee

Smash Rookie
sup.

I'm an oldschool player who just happened to pick up smash again, yay. I go to UCF and live in Northgate Lakes and I'm always looking to play with new people, especially since I need to get a reality check with the current meta-game/tiers/etc. I'd like to eventually start participating in tournaments again, but I just need to get introduced to the competitive community...again. Suggestions would be helpful, or even just a time and place to practice would work too, holla.

Edit: I have class Mon/Wed til 2:45, other than that I'm open for anything.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Xdeath dont forget me 407 920 3812 never free thursdays free fridays 2:30 on and most saturdays i really want to take part in this cuz i need some help training

EDIT:depending on how hard it is for u to find me *cough cough gallax* i live likek 30 minutes away from ucf area but most of the time i can find a ride just let me know where it is

Renki

Smash Journeyman
My address is:

807 Johns Point Drive
Winter Garden, Fl 34787

I'm about 40 min. or so west of UCF(going by the turnpike+408), and I'm available to work on Thursday and Friday, so it's somewhat random which day I'd be available in the week. As long as I'm given a heads up early enough, I'm fairly flexible with getting the day free for myself.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
uhh...i definitely have work. and on thursday/fridays, i think im going to be getting off at 8pm instead of the 5pm i do now

Dragon

Smash Cadet
I'm available anytime after 1:20 on Fridays. Thursday I'm free after 8 pm >_>

Text me @ 786 389 0577

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I don't think people need Peach practice but I'm sorry if I don't play as hard as I should. Unlike your characters peach is a very tiring character. I'm not full of stamina XD

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
I don't think people need Peach practice but I'm sorry if I don't play as hard as I should. Unlike your characters peach is a very tiring character. I'm not full of stamina XD
Umm...if I'm correct, I'm like 0-8 against you in tournament. Pretty sure that translates to me needing Peach practice...especially against YOUR Peach lol.

-Sensei-

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Sensei544
If I went IC's against Peach, it would be me vs. Peach's Dair. It's ok though, I've been practicing a new character that I might bust out against Peach if it comes to it.

Exdeath

Smash Master
Kyon, at the very least you can practice your Olimar/ZSS/whatever and learn some of your match-ups/stages better. Also, FL in general needs Peach practice.

If I went IC's against Peach, it would be me vs. Peach's Dair. It's ok though, I've been practicing a new character that I might bust out against Peach if it comes to it.
ICs vs. Peach is definitely doable. It helps that Peach making one mistake can be an auto-stock loss.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
To me and razek are practicing today until 4 if you want to play stop by we'd like to do teams and singles bring setups if you want to play

Call razek if you want to come by 321-213-7096

Hurry I GOTTA LEAVE AT 4

SO COME ASAP lol

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
you may have johns about my tv when it comes to brawl, but my setup is pretty legit when it comes to watching football.

with that being said, thank god for the NFL returning. i think ill watch the packers/eagles and cowboys/redskins at home

(and lol lions got screwed)

gallax

Smash Hero
you may have johns about my tv when it comes to brawl, but my setup is pretty legit when it comes to watching football.

with that being said, thank god for the NFL returning. i think ill watch the packers/eagles and cowboys/redskins at home

(and lol lions got screwed)
cant disagree with anything said here.

Top Bottom