• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Catching your opponent

SAK0577

Smash Rookie
Hey guys, I've got a quick question about Mewtwo. Tonight I was playing against one of my friends (who is pretty bad) with Mewtwo, just trying to practice and get better with him. Well, all my friend seemed to do was run, and occasionally get me with a cheap shot. Eventually I'd catch him with a grab and get him into a chain, but it was REALLY annoying having to follow him all over the stage. Anyone here know of a good method to catch a particularly cowardly opponent?

neverborn

Smash Rookie
He's not the mewtwo :lick:

Now, I'm no pro (or even a casual) but I think it depends on your character. If you use Fox, Falco or Shiek you could just chase him. With other characters, you need to predict where he'll go.

KSUkid

Smash Apprentice
Actually, he is the Mewtwo.

Umm...try to corner him possibly. The baby-shadowballs should force him to move out of the way at least as you work your way to him. Then it's a matter of tripping him up as he either tries to escape or attack you.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
Its not that hard, I wouldn't even throw baby shadow balls, I'd just charge up my shadow ball and approach him slowly..if he goes high, I go high..if he sticks to the ground, so do I..and having the pressure of a fully charged ball is great..I really don't see why someone would run from mewtwo though.

quak

Smash Champion
hit up on the D-pad

if you do that 5 times in a row with out him attacking you, you win the game, regardless of what happens afterwards

celebrate with pie

quak

Smash Champion
hit up on the D-pad

if you do that 5 times in a row with out him attacking you, you win the game, regardless of what happens afterwards

celebrate with pie

quak

Smash Champion
word.

and if he wants to run away all the time, stop going to temple, cause that's about the only place a person can truly successfully run away forever.

Speedsk8er

Smash Champion
Dthrow ->tech-chase -> repeat

Replace Dthrow with Confusion if you wanna. For some reason, my tech chase with Mewtwo is better than my tech chase with anyone else.

DelxDoom

Smash Lord
1) You can jump out of confusion
2) the other guy is running away; camping, in a sense.

Top Bottom