• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Castlevania: Richter Bellmont and Alucard

Dr. Hyde

Smash Ace
If konami is gonna throw in Snake why not some of the other great characters?

I mean Alucard and Richter could definately be top to upper tier but I think they could easily be balanced properly. I haven't seen these two mentioned and if they were sorry but I have to say, fighting Dracula and not getting to beatdown a certain plumber who fought a giant spikey turtle and seems to have a better rep.

I know there's the whip and alucard is a powerful son of a bloodsucker but come one. Who agrees?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
If there are going to be any Castlevania representatives it's going to be Simon Belmont. Not only is he the most prevalent character in the series (other than Dracula himself), he is also the one most associated with Nintendo. As cool as Richter and Alucard are, their most prominent roles, in Dracula X: Rondo of Blood and Casltevania: Symphony of the Night respectively, were on competitor's consoles - NEC's PC Engine (Turbografx-16) and the SONY's Playstation.

NOTE: There's only one 'l' in Belmont...

skellitorman

Smash Journeyman
Well Alucard was in two nintendo games. He was in Castlevania aria of sorrow(GBA) and Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow(DS). Richter was also a minor character in the game Castlevania Portrait of Ruin (DS). Trevor Belmont and Julius Belmont are also on Nintendo games. You never know who might be in if any.

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
Well Alucard was in two nintendo games. He was in Castlevania aria of sorrow(GBA) and Castlevania Dawn of Sorrow(DS). Richter was also a minor character in the game Castlevania Portrait of Ruin (DS). Trevor Belmont and Julius Belmont are also on Nintendo games. You never know who might be in if any.
Alucard was actually in THREE Nintendo titles - you forgot all about Castlevania III for the NES; but fact still stands that he was limited to supporting and minor roles outside of his starring role in Symphony of the Night. Same with Richter's roles outside of Dracula X - and while there was a port of that game to the SNES, it is widely considered inferior to the TG-16 version. On the other hand, let's look at Simon's resume: He had the starring role in Castlevania and Castlevania II for the NES and Super Castlevania IV for the SNES, he was a co-star in Konami Wai Wai World and Wai Wai World 2: SOS!! Paseri Jou, he had a cameo role in Harmony of Dissonance, and finally he ALREADY was the Castlevania representative in the SSB-esque Konami/Hudson/Takara crossover fighter DreamMix TV World Fighters for the GC. So as you can see, there is no contest - so don't kid yourself.

Top Bottom