• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

carry over ssbm gameplay?

Korea4ever

Smash Cadet
I'm not a great player and can't l-cancel or wavedash consisntently, but the few things I did do, like shorthopping and teching are in brawl. I'd like to know if I'd be able to play as I did in melee, save for the nerfed range. Or, will I have to drastically change recovery habits, attack timing, and so forth?

Tonyyyyyy

Smash Cadet
The dynamics of the game are completly different, there's really no awy to tell until you actually pick it up. One thing I have noticed for sure however is the less advanced melee players start this game off a lot stronger than they did melee.

Vice Lord

Smash Apprentice
Scarborough, Ontario (Scarberian barbarians)
yes. Infact quite alot of it will carry over, just not immediately. Initially you will have to get used to the change in physics, the time it takes to do attacks, after lag, hitstun, grab range etc. Once you get that it will come quite naturally.

Dancing blade will be used ALOT more, upB is a good means of killing now out of a dash or shield. You are now able to do a Bair & Fair in a shorthop, and you can move left and right in the air like jigglypuff could in melee. D-tilt's uses are changed. It can be used to combo into itself, or f-smash at low percents. Fair is now a good means of chasing opponents off teh stage as opposed to ledgedropped bairs in melee. Bair is a good kill move. SHFair at peak of jump into a landing d-tilt is a decent defensive maneuver. Reatreating double fair, or assaulting double fairs etc.

This is just a bit of what i've experienced, i just dont want to write an essay on it in a topic that didn't ask for it specifically, if you want some more tips Player Message me and i'll give more indepth. Hope i helped you somewhat =D

Top Bottom