• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Carry" N-air edgeguard?

Ayaame

Smash Cadet
Hi everyone ^^ i just recently picked up mewtwo, and I was just playing around with some edgeguarding ideas. I was wondering if hitting someone with your N-air then fast-falling to bring them down far enough to kill is a valid idea? I dont have anyone to practice against except computers xD and they dont even try to sweetspot the edge so its useless with them. I planned on trying it later today, but wanted to see everyones thoughts on it :x

I know that the n-air kill has been discussed in quak's guide, but i was more wondering about the carrying them down instead of the final knockback, to kill people who don't have as good of a vertical recovery as you :chuckle:

dguy6789

Smash Lord
I have never tried it myself, but it does sound interesting. Normally I use nair under the stage to smack the opponent against the side of it and if they don't tech it, they may die. I happen to have some guys coming over for Smash later today and I will be sure to test it out for ya.

lavagolem123

Smash Journeyman
Edgeguarding with NAir is tricky since it's hard to keep your opponent stuck to you as you're falling. Generally if you fast-fall, they won't be carried down with you. If you don't fast-fall, I'm not sure what'll happen but I think you'll be able to get them down a little bit and then use the final hit to send them away.

dguy6789

Smash Lord
Didn't work too well when I was trying it today. Most of the time, I could not drag the enemy down by any reasonable amount.

Ayaame

Smash Cadet
darn lol :[ yeah i tried it a bunch and only got it twice, once on jigglypuff and once on falco, worked awesome both times but not very reliable xD oh well, was worth a shot :p

Top Bottom