• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cargo throw Up to up-air

GrizzyBeer

Smash Cadet
so my understanding is that this is like donkey kongs bread and butter or something like that, my problem is that i can almost never get it ive watched videos but it just doesnt make sense to me cause people always just jump out before i can get to them with the up-air, i find better success with the B-air but obviously that only works if they DI behind me. i figure neutral air might work for me better too idk.

Some examples of when it doesnt work for me
1) fox/falco at low percentage: i understand this one, if theyre low and DI down i cant get it out fast enough

2) Link,Metaknight,Ike: this one i dont get at low percentages they just jump out high percentage they go too far to reach them and its better to just use a different move

3) aniother case i cant think of any specific character but if people dont jump out they just beat me with their neutral air

so is this just like something that one day is just gonna snap and work for me? or am i doing something wrong, maybe netplay is delaying me idk. my understanding that this is easy specially if i predict their DI in the right direction.

people jumping out specially irks me.

GrizzyBeer

Smash Cadet
right i just re-read it, the up-smash fixes fox/falco and i figure im lacking the precision to land u-air against the rest of the cast. Im thinking im not reacting fast enough to there DI giving them the window to escape.

edit: ill try and record some games to see if i can better isolate my problem if i cant figure it out ill post it someone to get some feedback

Last edited:
Top Bottom