• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Card Game v 1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

akkon888

Smash Journeyman
Alright. Lets do this thing.

Basics

Every 3 days I will pick 2 to 6 cards from a normal card deck (excluding jokers). I will then tell you one of the cards from the 2 to 6 cards at random. Your job is to tell me if that card is, well, here's an example:

I draw these cards at random: 2, 5, 7, 9, Q. (The number of cards can change each draw) I will give you the information that there is a 9 in a set of 5 cards. You don't know if it is the highest, second highest, lowest, etc, so you must guess. If you guess right, you will get a point. There is a catch to this, however.

Catches & Point Values

Before I tell you the card I will use (I will NOT cheat on you, I can't win anyway) you have the option to guess which card I will use. So, if you guessed that I would use the 9, you would get one point. If you guessed it was a 9, and you said it was the second highest card, you would get 3 points, not 2.

But wait. There is yet another catch. If you think that there are 2 of the card I said (Two 9's, for example) you may guess that. If you are correct, then you get points based on how many cards you predicted would be the same:

2 cards same = 4 points. Incorrect = 2 points.
3 cards same = 9 points. Incorrect = 4 points.
4 cards same = 16 points (Half of the winning requirement, we will get to that later). Incorrect = 7 points.

Keep in mind that A (Ace) is the highest card, 2 is the lowest.

Gameplay

Now for the gameplay. I will allow 30 people to join this. Once 10 people have been reached, I will start a 10 day countdown. Once 30 people have been reached, the game will start, no exceptions. If there are slots open, and 10 days have passed, the game will start. If you want to join late, and slots are open, you can, but you may not guess for that time.

To win, you must get 30 points. Simple.

I will start the setup in a few hours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom