• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Olimer and Pikmin move like Ice Climbers

volbound1700

Smash Master
I noticed in the Screenshots that the Pikmin are following Olimar around similar to the way Nana follows Popo (Did I get the names right?). It seems like you will control Olimar but can do moves with the Pikmin like Ice Climbers and the Pikmin will follow you like the Ice Climbers do.

What does everyone else think?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
Brawl can handle 24 characters on screen
that has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. and plus its more from pokemon and ATs.

I noticed in the Screenshots that the Pikmin are following Olimar around similar to the way Nana follows Popo (Did I get the names right?). It seems like you will control Olimar but can do moves with the Pikmin like Ice Climbers and the Pikmin will follow you like the Ice Climbers do.

What does everyone else think?
na they definitely don't. while theyl run after him sort of like the ICs, they dont mimick him as olimar barely has any attacks by himself. maybe a jab and some tilts, but i dont even think he has aerials as hes using a pikmin for an aerial in one of the snapshots. plus they tend to scatter, meaning theyl walk off making it harder for him to use them to attack

volbound1700

Smash Master
that has absolutely nothing to do with this conversation. and plus its more from pokemon and ATs.

na they definitely don't. while theyl run after him sort of like the ICs, they dont mimick him as olimar barely has any attacks by himself. maybe a jab and some tilts, but i dont even think he has aerials as hes using a pikmin for an aerial in one of the snapshots. plus they tend to scatter, meaning theyl walk off making it harder for him to use them to attack
Not trying to challenge you cause it sounds like you know, but how did you find out the moves? Just look at the screenshots as I did? However, your theory actually does sound reasonable because Pikmin and Olimar aren't the same modeled character like the two Ice Climbers.

Panduh

Smash Journeyman
I don't know...it says the pikmen are short lived..I think Olimar will be hard to use..

Hitzel

Smash Ace
I'm also worried that he's gonna suck. Those Pikmin had better hit hard if they're gonna be a hassle to keep alive.

Zek

Smash Ace
I think they'll follow him like Nana, but they won't attack on their own. It seems like they're just a weapon supply that needs to be maintained. I think it's safe to assume that there will be a benefit for all the trouble.

k.k.slider25

Smash Rookie
did anyone else notice that after they added olimar to the newcomers list they got rid of the space next to the ice climbers under veterans? up until then made it seem like they had at least 1 more old character to reveal.

shortwanabelaker

Smash Journeyman
did anyone else notice that after they added olimar to the newcomers list they got rid of the space next to the ice climbers under veterans? up until then made it seem like they had at least 1 more old character to reveal.
what do u mean? i remember only one space being free, which is the one that olimar took up

Tony_

Smash Ace
Olimar IMO, doesn't look to be a good character, and since Special Moves follow the games, expect one of Olimar Specials to be picking up pikmin or if you have all 5, switching the colors, making him somewhat slow.

Zek

Smash Ace
Olimar IMO, doesn't look to be a good character, and since Special Moves follow the games, expect one of Olimar Specials to be picking up pikmin or if you have all 5, switching the colors, making him somewhat slow.
What are you talking about? Pulling Pikmin is something he can do in his spare time, just like Link's bombs or Zelda's peaches. There are tons of opportunities in any given fight. I don't see how it'll affect his combat effectiveness.

Icelement

Smash Cadet
What are you talking about? Pulling Pikmin is something he can do in his spare time, just like Link's bombs or Zelda's peaches. There are tons of opportunities in any given fight. I don't see how it'll affect his combat effectiveness.
Peach's turnips*

I think that the pikmin will work nearly the same way turnips and bombs work, being rather quick to pick up and either reusable (as in the 1st is used and takes its place in the back, sending the 2nd to 1st, and so on) or a fast pickup and one time use thing. Either way, he's going to be a really fun character to learn.

Uchiha.Sanosuke

Smash Journeyman
It certainly seems like the Pikmin will follow him like the Ice Climbers...but that's about it. Even still, I think it's a very intriguing character, and I'm definitely going to try him out at least once.

And to all those people who are saying, "wtf Olimar sux he not good with mooovxz?10", please just shut up. You're speculating this all off of four screenshots. You don't even know the move set yet! It's ridiculous. :mad:

Top Bottom