• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon's Combos and Approach

K1F

Smash Rookie
NNID
DavidJoey
3DS FC
5455-9563-5553
I always just default to short hop nair like a scrub, so this helps a ton!

Devil G.

Smash Apprentice
These are all great pieces of advice! I'll incorporate them into my playstyle.

Captain Norris

Smash Lord
NNID
ZeldaFan3280
I have also been able to register the first part of the neutral attack to be a true true combo into ftilt, but it is an extremely small window.

Nightshift

Smash Cadet
NNID
jpzwickau
3DS FC
3196-4245-0422
Hello again fellow Falcon mains. Some other people were asking how Falcon ought to utilize the combo starters in this game that I talked about in a previous video, as some of them are seemingly difficult to use (landing uairs mostly). I put together a short video describing how I feel Falcon should best use them since it's easier to see it than just read about it. If you've got any other tips, especially in regards to Falcon's approach/how to start combos with him, post them! Or criticize me if you feel I'm wrong or there are better ways to use them.

Anyways here's the video.
Can we trade friend codes so I can get better? 3196-4245-0422
The name's Nightshift.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Can we trade friend codes so I can get better? 3196-4245-0422
The name's Nightshift.
Yeah man, my codes in my profile. Add me, I'll add you when I get home in like two hours.

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
Here is my list of combos and setups, I have found and their percentages. If you want me to make a thread with this let me know. For now here is the results.
Probably common knowledge, but what's the difference between a combo and a setup?

BigLord

Smash Lord
NNID
BiigLord
3DS FC
3024-7470-9499
Combos are guaranteed and setups are not, afaik, but setups are very likely to happen because of mistimed airdodges/easy reads.

MoonSheep

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
5172-2399-7444
Awesome combos and videos, will you be uploading some of your games? I would love to watch some of them.

Gawain

Smash Lord
NNID
Gawain
3DS FC
5069-4113-9796
Awesome combos and videos, will you be uploading some of your games? I would love to watch some of them.
That's the plan. I have a capture card for my wii u so expect the newest stuff soon, I promise it'll be good.

Nightshift

Smash Cadet
NNID
jpzwickau
3DS FC
3196-4245-0422
I'm looking forward to it. Do you have a youtube channel?

Last edited:

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078
At very low percents Fthrow > Dash attack is a very good combo/setup as we all know, but have anyone else also found Fthrow > JC Usmash (Jump cancelled upsmash) useful at low percent? Im not sure how reliable it is but i have found it very useful against most characters.

(For those who don't know, a JC Upsmash is done by dashing, jumping and then immediately Usmashing after intiating the jump, causing Captain Falcon to slide a bit while upsmashing)

Last edited:

StrykerX

Smash Cadet
I always have trouble getting my falling uairs to connect... either my timing will be off or I throw it out before I'm close enough to land it

Nightshift

Smash Cadet
NNID
jpzwickau
3DS FC
3196-4245-0422
One time in a falcon ditto, I started the match by dash grab, forward throw, runoff strong knee, walljump, strong knee, and there went the first stock.

Top Bottom