• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain falcon tips

CrimsonFalcon

Smash Rookie
Hey everybody! This is my first post and I would like to know some tips and tricks for captain falcon! Thanks in advance!

GhostM

Phantom
The biggest factor for Falcon is how different he feels from Smash 4, where he was faster specifically during his initial dash and the inclusion of his dash grab sliding. Falcon in Ultimate is more technical when it comes to his playstyle because his attacks are fast, but his initial dash and turnaround speed have been nerfed, and the removal of his dash grab sliding. The way to play Falcon is to bait and punish, where he excels the most. Falcon can delete characters if he gets a good read on them, which is why you have to play technical with him. Simply just running in and attacking is very easy to read because of linear movement. Mix up your options with double hop bairs and use his tilts, since patch v3.1.0 has buffed Falcon and fixed many issues that he used to have before, where previous versions such moves such as his Raptor Boost would miss more often than hitting. Raptor Boost is a great combo starter, and his Falcon Kick can kill around 110%+. Bair is a great kill option as well, so make sure to use it. Again, bait and punish is the way to play Falcon. Commit to a combo and make sure you land your kill moves such as knee, bair, or falcon punch for reads. Practicing to land your kill moves will greatly help you out in the long run. You can also play him aggressively as long as you can read your opponent and you know that you're safe. His combo potential is good with moves such as his dair and raptor boost. The biggest weaknesses of Falcon is that his weight causes him to become a punching bag for combos, so make sure to DI well. I also believe that Falcon doesn't have good options OOS, so be cautious about that. I also believe that Falcon has some range, but is still susceptible to disjointed hitboxes, and he also doesn't have a projectile, so a character that utilizes projectiles such as zoning characters like Link will be a problem if you don't have a game plan. Lastly, practice makes perfect, and don't bother practicing on CPU's, since they do silly mistakes that no human would even do.

Top Bottom