• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon Missed Tech Punish

Physics

Smash Journeyman
NNID
anthonyarena
Hi everyone.
I believe the first 52% can only be escaped if the opponent techs.
It would be more optimal to end the combo with a jab combo rather than a Dthrow, I just did Dthrow because my hand just thought I could follow that up with Uair, but... I couldn't.
If you get the Fthrow from center stage, after the first Dair, you can follow up with falling Uair to knee and that would put them in a bad position off stage and do decent percent, which is always good.
I've tested this vs. Ganon and vs. Mario. Works on both of them. Too lazy to test more, maybe some of you could help me out with that?
This can only be done at low percent by the way.
This was done on a level 9 CPU because I have no one near me right now to play with and I didn't want to bother trying on FG because of lag.
Could any of you chime in on if this is a combo that can only be escaped by techs? I don't believe DI can influence this combo very much, only really on the Fthrow but at low percent and vs someone who falls fast enough I don't think it would matter.
Also what would be a more optimal way to punish a missed tech after Fthrow if they miss the tech(If their is one)?

Last edited:

ItsIve

Smash Cadet
I actually do this combo against a Ganon player that I practice with often for a free 50%. However, this combo is very unreliable. Fthrow isn't very hard to tech and you have to bank too hard on them missing the tech. However, Captain Falcon has better jab-lock setups from footstools off of the first hit of nair and from a falling upair. Look up Trifroze's YouTube video on Falcon's Footstool Setups

TheSausXL

Smash Cadet
Not sure but I think that second down air can be escaped from. But only by fast moves so this should definitely work well on Ganon. Good stuff.

Top Bottom