• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon combo practice

Raethien

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Raethien
3DS FC
4012-4393-7821
I spend countell hours in training, trying to learn new combos and set ups, When I feel confortable with it I try playing FG. And yet I cannot use any of them, and I just doing bad with the transition?

What did you guys do to make the transition?

SilentGodot

Smash Rookie
NNID
SilentGodot
3DS FC
1091-9017-9733
Combos are naturally harder to land in a real match as opposed to training mode. I had the same problem when I first started.
The key is to keep trying and to net be afraid to drop a combo. You'll get it eventually.

MadSpace

Smash Rookie
You have to work on your neutral game, then you can get your combos in. Pick the right times to go for Dash attacks and dash grabs. then go for N-air or U-air strings. in game practicing is much better than in training mode.

Jrzfine

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Jrzfinest
3DS FC
1762-3319-6557
The thing thats probably tripping you up is the opponents DI. In training, the AI picks a random direction and slightly alters its knockback trajectory. In real matches, though, opponnts will intelligently pick a direction that helps them escape your training mode combos. So after you use your Dthrow or whatever, if you see them fly away at a low angle instead of a high angle, try using nair or dash attack instead of uair. React to their DI.

Top Bottom