• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Falcon agressive option

Ginamudkipz

Smash Cadet
I've seen a lot of falcon matches, and i'm always hyped for the creativity the character can offer, when i see things like uair uair knee i can't shake the feeling that was epic even though it's the 100th time i've seen it. However falcon still lack a little something does he?

He always felt like a powerhouse dashing in catching people offguard with an aerial then sweep a stock with a strong moves. the only issue that the character has is his shield pressure... if falcon enters a situation where he tried to get in, realise mid-initiation that his decision was bad and will land onto a shield. Rarely you will see r-canceling onto side-b work vs a strong player or if it does it isn't safe.

I think that falcon could use a new tools to enhance his aggressive option.

I think falcon's falcon kick should have a jump cancel either on landing after the landing hitbox or during the on ground slide. That could help falcon onto creating mix-ups, able to work his way through some shield happy player even easier and probably make use of one of his signature more than another ''catch off guard move''.

What is nice to that idea, it doesn't affect any of the falcon core gameplay, nor creates new recovery option and it is not consistent to spam because the aerial falcon kick have some frames to take over.I think it would simply be working perfectly with falcon actual gameplan and maybe make him even more hype. Also from another perspective, when i'm above a player I think about falcon kick, but remember that the move suck on landing, so why not simply make the move smooth and natural?

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Falcon is a speed-based aggressive-defensive punish character. I know those just seem like words, but that's basically his playstyle - if he's ever approaching, it's because he's going for an opening that he can already see, not because he necessarily wants to make one. This isn't always the case, but in broad terms, that's Falcon's niche. You already know this, and yet, you want to give him a rushdown option.

There was another character who used a momentum-shifting, jump-cancellable special move to form a deadly rushdown game. Remember that?

Ginamudkipz

Smash Cadet
Falcon is a speed-based aggressive-defensive punish character. I know those just seem like words, but that's basically his playstyle - if he's ever approaching, it's because he's going for an opening that he can already see, not because he necessarily wants to make one. This isn't always the case, but in broad terms, that's Falcon's niche. You already know this, and yet, you want to give him a rushdown option.

There was another character who used a momentum-shifting, jump-cancellable special move to form a deadly rushdown game. Remember that?

I understand, but the fact that sonic is actually more of a threat than falcon makes me think that i'm not really far from what falcon would like to have in his move set. The issue i think is, would that be too much?

Kally Wally

Smash Ace
Sonic is more of a threat than Falcon right now, you mean? I'm not so sure that's the case. That video was from 2.5, and Sonic was nerfed hard in 2.6, since the PMBR realized how bonkers he was. 2.6 Sonic is actually similar to Falcon, in that they're both characters that use their high speed to punish mistakes. Sonic is just much, much worse at actually doing anything with that punish, whereas Falcon... Well, you know.

I just don't think Falcon should be, or needs to be, a rushdown character. Hell, what does rushdown even mean in terms of Smash, now that I think about it? Who actually fits that archetype in PM? Spacies? Meta Knight? Lucas?

Ginamudkipz

Smash Cadet
I'm still curious how that simple thing could work around falcon, i would really like to see mix-ups from it. Falcon clearly need something new and revamped, but nobody wants to touch his punish game, that's the only logical outcome i came up with. It could also be only after the aerial falcon kick. i think PM really have a love for jump canceling moves and i think its a new and awesome feature they are using for most characters. If falcon can benefit a little love from the P:M developer i'm sure everyone will be pleased

Strawhat09

Smash Journeyman
I just want raptor boost to go through projectiles again. Possibly biff his falcon dive where it doesnt give opponents their midair back? Nah..just make raptor boost go through projectiles again. Lol

GeZ

Smash Lord
Strawhat has the right idea. And this thread is useless. Falcon really doesn't need much. He fishes for opportunities and makes them himself. You fly in with sweet combos, and dance in the neutral game. He needs better shield pressure? Mix in freaking grabs. It's not that hard dawg.

Top Bottom