• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Captain Bananoz... Signs Up...

Captain Bananoz!!!

Smash Rookie
Hey everyone! Well, I didn't really know where to start, and I don't wanna join a conversation awkwardly when I haven't even introduced myself. (On other sites, I've forgotten the introduction) I'm using these points from that thread to sorta guide me through here...

• Who do you main in 64/Melee/Brawl/PM/SSB4, why?
  • Why have you joined Smashboards? Do you know anyone here?
  • Do you attend tournaments? Do you want to?
  • Talk about your interests outside of Smash Bros.! Anime, sports, other games, etc.
  • What other communities are you a part of? Clubs at school, other forums?
Well, for starters, the only game I actually own is Brawl, though I've played some Melee, and I plan to get SSB4 too!

I like to main the characters who take more skill to use or have a more unique function placed somewhere in their many moves. I play as characters like Pit, Lucas, and Toon Link (Although I'm really not a huge fan of duplicates) mainly because I'm good at them. While these characters have a large assortments of different skills they can use, I feel that there isn't too much special about them. I really have fun with the strategic characters, but it's not exactly like the way that you need to aim PK Thunder to make a recovery, or where you use Mirror Shield effectively against enemy projectiles. Rather, these moves flow together with... grace. It's hard to describe, but it's where you actually feel like your moves are leading up to somewhere. Olimar, for example, is my main in Brawl, and possibly my favorite character in the series so far. Pit, Lucas, and Toon Link have so many different things they can do, but Olimar's entire moveset revolves around his Pikmin. Another example is Ice Climbers. Heck, you can really pack in a punch using dem Ice Climbers... Ice CLIMBERS... Ice CLIMBERSSSSS... (I just made climber seem misspelled there), but with just Popo, you are extremely weak. Their moveset pretty revolves around keeping both Ice Climbers alive and using unique combos to deal heavy damage to your opponent. Part of the reason why I'm so excited for Super Smash Bros. for Wii U (Which is the version I'm getting) is because a lot of newcomers are these sort of fighters, like Little Mac and Robin.

I tend to get REALLY excited over things, probably more than anyone I know, as long as I'm interested. It's just that when I'm introduced to something that catches my interest, I'm just extremely excited and that hype doesn't die down for a while. There was this one game I was addicted to in Kindergarden called Nickelodeon Party Blast. They had the game on like the computers in the classroom, and we always had free-time, so every opportunity I got, I would hog the computer just to play. :p (In addition, it was the only thing I ever talked about) Then, at my friend's house in like 3rd grade or something, I played Brawl for the first time, and I loved it. So, I asked my mom to get me the game and she did. The weird thing about Smash Bros., though, is that my hype for this didn't last for a year, or two years, or even three years. I can say that obsessed with this game for like 5 years. Pretty insane, huh? And pretty shortly afterwards, the trailer for Super Smash Bros. Wii U/3DS was unveiled!

I don't know if I know other people here exactly, but for now, the only one I'm certain of is candyissweet, my best friend IRL, who's invited me to many forums and games and stuff. True friend, bruh. ;-; Other than that, there is most certainly NOBODY at school other than Candy to talk to about Smash Bros., because for some lame reason (Possibly because this is America), the only games that people care about nowadays is dumb Flappy Bird crap and all that stuff. :( I guess I sort of need a place to talk about my interests, so this will hopefully be a nice place.

Looking at the next bullet point, err... yeah. I don't plan on joining tournaments. I suck at video games. I've sucked all my life, but I still enjoy them. Play for the FUN, not for the COMPETITION, which is something that a lot of people I know don't... really... understand... :S

Outside of Smash Bros., I have a lot of other interests, too! (Let's see what we have in common!)

Nintendo is my favorite game company. There aren't many other places where you'll also get such an excellent variety of different game styles in so many franchises. I play Valve games, like TF2 and L4D2, but at the end of the day, they're all just First-Person Shooters with nothing special. Some of my favorite Nintendo games are Super Mario Galaxy, The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks (I don't get why this is so underrated...), Fire Emblem: The Sacred Stones (The only one that I've gotten sort of far in, gameplay of the series as a whole is excellent, though), Pikmin 3, Earthbound, and Mother 3! Other games that I play are Ace Attorney, Elsword (I've only been playing for a few days), TF2, and L4D2. I guess you can feel free to talk to me about these games if you play any of them as well, although I don't think I'll be friending anyone who I don't know IRL in MiiVerse or anything.

For the past year, I've been an anime maniac, eating away at a lot of shows (Though recently, my hype has died down). My current favorite and all-time favorite at the moment is Angel Beats!, closely followed by Gurren Lagann and Steins;Gate. I've watched others, too, but the only one I'm watching right now is Sword Art Online II (Gun Gale Online). And some time eventually, I'll need to finish a lot of other shows that I haven't quite finished yet, like Attack on Titan and AKB0048. (Both are shows that a lot of people seem to have really like, though I don't really seem to share that hype with them for some reason)

Let's say that I had super powers... no, I'm gonna share some of my talents.

My obvious one is music, which I'll probably write a whole paragraph about. At the age of six, I started learning piano, and my teacher also had me go through ear training, which is VERY important for musicians, since you need to be able to evaluate cadences, use relative/absolute pitch to sight-sing lines of music, and to be able to identify the features of a classical piece of music, like texture, style, and character. I didn't really enjoy music as much in elementary school because the music program they had you attend twice a week put a disgusting taste in my mind, so I had a generally bad attitude towards it. In fourth grade, I picked up the violin, though I didn't make progress. I think the start of middle school was a fresh start for music to me, since I got a really good new violin teacher, I took school orchestra instead of the music program, and in piano lesson, I was taking MUSIC THEORY!!! For some reason, I really liked music theory, which helped me to realize that music was awesome, and I passed the exam with a pretty high score. I was also playing violin in competitions when I got better in a year, even though I still sucked compared to every else. (Probably last place :p ) Nonetheless, I still got to play as concertmaster in my school district's honors orchestra! I think video games and anime helped me to realize my passion for music, since I just simply adore Japanese music. Seriously, what is this music that people listen to nowadays? I really am weird. Of course, I still really like classical music as well, my top three composers being Chopin, Dvorak, and Shostakovich. I also have the ability to identify any pitch upon hearing it, though I'm still training my absolute pitch ability to being able to identify chords.

I never really played too many sports. I played soccer on the team for like a year, where I was pretty lame since I always got scared of the ball when it came flying into my... feet... For some reason, I just have natural talent in athletics, though. On the Track team, I'm one of the top long-distance runners, and I was almost the best jump-roper in elementary school despite never practicing. But overall, I just am not a big fan of sports or going outside, and I spend most of my time inside playing video games, watching anime, or practicing violin or piano.

They say I'm smart, but my grades suck. And I'm not smart either. Bad organizational skills is the blame. I'm not gonna do anything that requires those skills here, trust me.

I'm pretty sheltered for the most part. I don't participate in many things. I know that people at my school know each other know each other from like sports teams and all that, while I for the most part sit at home. I don't really want to talk about other forums either... bad times and memories with those, I guess...

TL;DR - I talk a lot, especially about myself. But I'm new. Hallo, peoplez.

Last edited:

Hokori

Great King of Evil
Nice intro! You write blocks of text in a conversation-like format, I do the same :laugh:

We share some interests as well. Fire Emblem, LoZ, Mother 3, and Super Mario Galaxy for games, anime (you can never get enough of anime. So many good shows out there), and music.

Hope you enjoy your time here with the Smash obsessed. You're definitely not the only one :awesome:

Top Bottom