• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

caping Olimar's pikman

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
forgve me if this was already found out. But caping Olimar's side B or just caping Olimar's pikman makes them urs for a few moments. I noticed while facing an Olimar he threw a few at me and i caped on back at him. He attacked again but killed his own pikman that i caped. also another time, i caped his side b and his pikman started attacking him. Itwas kinda funny

Kidlat

Smash Apprentice
What approach do you use for Olimar? It seems that I can't even get close to him without being punished.

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
abusing cape and blocking works for me. Olimars tend to do spam smashes. the more they use it the weaker it gets. So try to play defensively. pressure him with fireballs, space with cape, and watch out for dashed up smashes, its strong and real fast. Once he's off the stage, Bair him to death and make sure u always cape him. Idk i never really have problems Olimar.

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
abusing cape and blocking works for me. Olimars tend to do spam smashes. the more they use it the weaker it gets. So try to play defensively. pressure him with fireballs, space with cape, and watch out for dashed up smashes, its strong and real fast. Once he's off the stage, Bair him to death and make sure u always cape him. Idk i never really have problems Olimar.
Then you obviously aren't playing any good Olimars.

Olimar is Mario's 3rd hardest match-up

Cape spamming doesn't work. sure it might reverse his pikmin but most Olimars won't care considering they might do 10 damage and fall off and then they are his again and even if they do care about damage it only takes 1 whistle to get them off him and during the start of the whistle he gets super armour

Spamming fireballs isn't even that reliable considering it only takes 1 red pikmin Fsmash to **** up your whole day

Bair is not that good of an edge gaurd move unless they are at high %s considering your opponents should be DIing Up. Speaking of Bair it's not even that good of an approach on Olimar considering he'll just shield grab you

also...what is this make sure you always cape him thing? get him below the level and sit on the edge. That's it GG he's dead

BoTastic!

Smash Master
NNID
BoScotty
well maybe im not facing good olimars... but some r good enough to get me down to 1 stock. just nevr beat me.. idk, whats ur approach Monk?

Monk/Honkey/Banana

Smash Champion
well maybe im not facing good olimars... but some r good enough to get me down to 1 stock. just nevr beat me.. idk, whats ur approach Monk?
There really isn't a good approach it's all just figuring out a safe place to be in. just pay attention to his range and stay just outside of it and wait

Top Bottom